Well I noticed a while ago that there was something weird about how im picking, I seem to move the pick by kinda pushing my thumb forward and back quickly when i try to play fast.
Is this bad ? and how do I go about changing to a different style of picking?
Thanks in advance for your help.
As long as it's comfortable to you, and it doesn't affect your sound, and you don't tire from it, you can even pick with your teeth, some people have different techniques just because it's more comfortable to 'em
Quote by Zeletros
As long as it's comfortable to you, and it doesn't affect your sound, and you don't tire from it, you can even pick with your teeth, some people have different techniques just because it's more comfortable to 'em

This is the correct answer.
so your saying that u move like the tip of your thumb up and down when playing fast?
its all in the wrist but from what you are saying if i understand correctly is common i kinda do something like that to give some more attack..but if u can't play as fast as you want
just use your wrist in a waving motion on the bridge and avoid as much movement with you actual picking hand,maybe try placing your ring finger on the guitar itself
start slow and build your way up goodluck