I need to get headphones which are durable with like a sound quality equal to the standard iPod ones, cos I'm used to them. Can anyone recommend any, I've just lost my rubbish iPod ones so like I need a new pair.

Thankssss.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Sound quality equal to the standard iPod ones?
If you spend £20 and get something with equal quality to standard iPod headphones, you just got ripped so badly we could HEAR it.

Get these, they sound fantastic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX300-Stereo-Earphones-White/dp/B000IDUP3G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276428084&sr=8-4
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Jun 13, 2010,
Edit: Didn't realise I just +1'd that ^^

Well if you want in-ear ones I'd look for in-ear Sennheiser ones such as the CX 300s. But pretty much any set of earphones around will beat stock iPod ones though.
Quote by XUnpredictableX
Wal-mart

You might want to look at his location/the currency again
Last edited by pete-c at Jun 13, 2010,
+1 to beefwellington
sennheisers are cheap and very good
Gear
Basses
Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass in Olympic White

Guitars
Squier Stratocaster Showmaster NLT HSS
Stagg Electro Acoustic

Amps
Carlsbro Cobra Bass 90W
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Squier SA-10

Quote by BeefWellington
Sound quality equal to the standard iPod ones?
If you spend £20 and get something with equal quality to standard iPod headphones, you just got ripped so badly we could HEAR it.

Get these, they sound fantastic: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-CX300-Stereo-Earphones-White/dp/B000IDUP3G/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1276428084&sr=8-4

+1 I've got them, they are fantastic.

Also, lol at "equal to iPod quality." They have the shittest headphones ever. Seriously.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001EZYMF4/ref=asc_df_B001EZYMF4682288?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=7974&creativeASIN=B001EZYMF4

Would this be a good deal?

I know iPod ones are shit quality, I just dont want to wind up with something worse than what I already have.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Jun 13, 2010,
Check out sound magic they are awesome, I got the PL-30s I think. Excellent quality and very durable. Also Sennheisers are pretty awesome as well.
Quote by red157
Getting killed is an occupational hazard when you're an armed robber.

Quote by Random88
Drunk birds falling over? Sounds like Glasgow

'The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar.'

- Jimi Hendrix
sennheiser or skullcandy's are what you want.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

They're the CX300 II. They're like a 2nd generation CX300. I got those to replace my original CX300s. They broke after about a week. And they're not as comfortable, and don't sound nearly as good.

I recommend you go for the normal CX300. They're cheaper because of the new version, but they're much better.

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/880672/Sennheiser-CX300-In-Ear-Headphones/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0

I heartily recommend.

None of which will work.

Good.

Sehnheiser CX300II I got on Amazon for under £20... best pair of headphones I've had to date
I wouldn't buy Skullcandy's to be honest.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Skullcandy's arent actually good sound quality at all, theyre made simply for the dicks who wear them to think they look cool. Sennheiser would be the way to go.
If you want sound quality better than iPod then I don't think you could possibly buy any headphones that will disappoint you. However, gumys are good, they cost about £8 from HMV, but as has already been recommended, Sennheiser CX300's are the way forward.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
You can't go wrong with CX300's, I had a pair for ages. The sound is good considering the price and mine lasted about 18 months, being used at full volume for at least 4 hours a day.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I have the CX300 II's and have never had a problem with them. Have had them for a good few months now, well worth the €40 I paid. Every pair of earphones I've gotten for €20 or less has broken relatively quickly.

Just buy the Sennheiser's, you won't regret it.
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
You can get some Sennheiser CX300IIs on Amazon for that sort of price. Well worth it.
hello
Quote by mishax92
Skullcandy's arent actually good sound quality at all, theyre made simply for the dicks who wear them to think they look cool. Sennheiser would be the way to go.

I don't get why people say this.
The pair of skullcandies I had sounded pretty good for what I paid for 'em. Anyone who thinks they look cool just because of a pair of headphones was a douche to start out with, the headphones did nothing to change that. There's nothing wrong with skullcandy headphones.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
i had Sennheiser CX300II ones and in my opinion they were pretty crap. too much bass and no mids at all, and they were kinda uncomfortable, but other people i know love them. i guess it's just opinion. the hard thing about earphones is that you can't really test them in the shop
gear:
Charvel 750XL w/ Duncan SH15
Squier Affinity HSS strat
Orange Tiny Terror Combo
Yamaha RBX 170 bass
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff Tone Wicker
EHX Stereo Electric Mistress
Hardwire Delay
Vox V-847A Wah
Artec Dual Boost
Boss EQ
Quote by BeastlyBassist
I don't get why people say this.
The pair of skullcandies I had sounded pretty good for what I paid for 'em. Anyone who thinks they look cool just because of a pair of headphones was a douche to start out with, the headphones did nothing to change that. There's nothing wrong with skullcandy headphones.

You're a douche. For the price that they are I'd expect FAIR better sound quality. They're average quality at best.
hello
I use these - http://www.stuff-uk.net/p-622577.aspx?affiliateid=10050

They cancel outside noise really well and the sound quality is great, but sometimes they fall out when running.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by opc100
You're a douche.

Okay man
Quote by opc100
For the price that they are I'd expect FAIR better sound quality. They're average quality at best.

I paid 10 bucks for 'em. I got what I paid for
They sound fine to me. Maybe a bit too much bass, but they're certainly better than a lot of other 10 dollar headphones.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist
Okay man

I paid 10 bucks for 'em. I got what I paid for
They sound fine to me. Maybe a bit too much bass, but they're certainly better than a lot of other 10 dollar headphones.

Skullcandies for 10 dollars? WTF! Are you talking about in ear phones because I didn't even know you could get in ear skull candies.
hello
Sennheiser do really nice inexpensive headphones, but you can get much better ones if you go for cans rather than in-ear ones.

If you're prepared to look like a tool for the sake of audio fidelity, go for it.
Quote by opc100
Skullcandies for 10 dollars? WTF! Are you talking about in ear phones because I didn't even know you could get in ear skull candies.

10 bucks.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Quote by BeastlyBassist

10 bucks.

Hmm, I thought we were both talking about the overhead ones, which no one can say sound good for the price. My bad my non-douche friend
hello
Quote by opc100
Hmm, I thought we were both talking about the overhead ones, which no one can say sound good for the price. My bad my non-douche friend

I'd never get over ear headphones. For one I really don't mind the sound quality of earbuds compared to them
and for two, long hair + gigantic headphones = crazy hair

I forgot they even made these. They look ridiculous
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press

Well i've just ordered the Sennheiser CX300's from Play.com.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

Good boy.

None of which will work.

Good.

Koss?
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
Quote by EndTheRapture51

300s or the 300-IIs?

The 300s are shit, but the IIs are actually bloody awesome.

Anyways, on Skull Candy= Starbucks brand. I'm the assiatnt manager at a hifi and home cinema store and I refuse to stock Skull Candy because we actually like to stock actual hifi items. Screw Skull Candy, Bang & Olufsen (who get Philips and Samsung to make their products) and Bose.