Alright folks! Trying to get the best info on this guitar as possible. I'm not 100% sure if it has been put out on the market or not!? Anyone have any time playing this guitar? Currently very interested in picking up the "worn gold top". Looks pretty nice! Classic Gibson and it doesn't look cheap like the other Studio models.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom(antique white, SD hot rod set zebra, no pickguard)
ESP LTD EC401(tobacco sunburst, SD Distortion pups)
Epiphone EJ 200(sunburst)
Fender DG100(natural)
Applause Strat (copy red)
Digitech RP500
Boss TU2 Tuner
Good luck getting a gold top! The line is a limited edition they are only making 720 of each color. They are released but the only problem is the lack of manufacturing going on at Gibson right now, due to flooding last month.

As for the Gold tops I would almost guarantee they are sold out from the pre-orders they had last month I ordered my GT on the 15 of May. As well as may others who knew about these early.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
I've been tracking these guitars through a few boards now and I got a confirmation from Sweetwater rep that they are building 120 of each color for 6 months putting total production at 3,600. From what I've seen the GT's are going to be accounted for at least initially. I ordered a cherry sunburst to put mini-hums in. Very cool guitar and for the money it's a Gibson. I'm still trying to figure out where it will fall apart. The specs and price seem to good to be true.