Yes im planning to build something with single coils

so far, i have the the body blank (mahogany), pre-wired pickgaurd/pickups, and a neck. But i was wondering the best way to finish (as in paint and crap) this thing on a budget. Suggestions?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
what has david gilmours strat got to do with it. all you're doing is building a singlecoil guitar
that is correct, (using David's EMGs)

but that wasnt the question. It was How to paint it. I was thinking about using a natural finish. Prices? Places to buy? What not to buy?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
This is a good site on how to paint your guitar

http://home.flash.net/~guitars/ReRanch101.html
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Well if you're building a "David Gilmour strat", why not paint it black like his?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by Axeaman
Well if you're building a "David Gilmour strat", why not paint it black like his?

^This.
Also if I'm not mistaken his strat is made out of alder not mahogany.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
^This.
Also if I'm not mistaken his strat is made out of alder not mahogany.

ok, good to keep in mind.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
ok, good to keep in mind.

Yeah I figured if you're going for a Gilmour styled strat it would be helpful to know that. Also you should look up his sig model, and see what the specs are so you can make yours as close as possible. Also are you planning on relicing it so it'll look more exact or no? O only ask cause I love looking at good relics.
Hope all goes well.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"