Page 1 of 4
So, Pit, recent events have had me rethinking my definition of what 'love' is. I thought I knew, but now I'm not so sure, and I was wondering if anybody had any insight on this matter.

This isn't just a question for the more mature members of the Pit, by the way. Resident spotty virgins are more than welcome to give their opinions/speculations as well. And I did searchbar, so STFU.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
A lot of people say "you just know", but that bugs me. I honestly can't imagine any emotional state that I could be in for which I wouldn't have even slight doubt. I'd always be thinking "sure, it feels like love, but what if I meet someone tomorrow that makes me feel ten times more in love?"

To summarise: I haven't an f-ing clue.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
When your big head starts overriding the decisions your little head is making.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
For all you guys in here it's probably getting pissed off because Bubba didn't give you that reacharound
if you have to ask, you're not there. if you're making this thread, you're definitely not there. when you're in love, you'll do anything for her to make her happy. you'll be thinking of her all the time, and you'll be longing to spend time with her. you'll be thinking of random little things she does that make you so happy, and not the huge ones. you'll remember the little things at dates that mattered, and not the dates themselves. you'll enjoy spending time with her more than having sex with her.

thats how you know. btw, i love my girlfriend!!
Quote by RSOB Bass
I haven't got a clue. I wish I did.

Yea this

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Jackal58

I like this answer.

It sounds terribly cliche, but I think it really is when someone else's happiness means more than your own. Human beings are pretty selfish, it's how we're hardwired, so making genuine sacrifices isn't a natural thing for us to be doing. Or maybe that's just me...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

How do you know when you're really in love?
Do violins play when you're touching the one that you're loving?

(Know reference, get cookie.)

Also, just to be honest and annoying: You just know.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by Kilobyte
A lot of people say "you just know", but that bugs me. I honestly can't imagine any emotional state that I could be in for which I wouldn't have even slight doubt. I'd always be thinking "sure, it feels like love, but what if I meet someone tomorrow that makes me feel ten times more in love?"

To summarise: I haven't an f-ing clue.

I was gonna say the same thing
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jackal58

Gotta say this, if you can outthink your better half you're on the right path.

Though, I dont know what love is truley meant to be like.. Is wishing you were with one person for 2 years close enough? I don't know, but damnit I wish I had gotten to be with her

/Depressing rant

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
I really don't know. I keep feeling like I'm in love with someone now but then I'm so guarded that I keep talking myself out of it. I'll think, "Wow, I really do love her..." then that'll go to, "Wait a minute, no, that's not possible. You haven't known her that long..."

I want to be in love but at the same time, my mind won't let me believe it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Yea this

It'll be ok. We'll meet the right people eventually. It just takes time. Once you meet that person, you'll feel the most amazing feelings. I thought that I did, but I know it can be so much better. You'll be elated most, if not all of the time. They'll mean so much more to you than you could ever imagine. You'll love them, and they'll love you.

We'll get there in the end. We all do.

It'll be alright Hartman.

I was thinking about that too.. I've got a boyfriend for 4 months now and I just find it hard to say I love him. I mean what's 4 month's in a livetime? How do you know you're gonna stay together? I do really like to be with him, think about him etc but to say I really really love him, it's just hard to say
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Quote by RSOB Bass
It'll be ok. We'll meet the right people eventually. It just takes time. Once you meet that person, you'll feel the most amazing feelings. I thought that I did, but I know it can be so much better. You'll be elated most, if not all of the time. They'll mean so much more to you than you could ever imagine. You'll love them, and they'll love you.

We'll get there in the end. We all do.

It'll be alright Hartman.

I'm holding you to that

If I die in 40 years time a sad lonely old man, I'm haunting the shit out of you.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
You will see the trees, not the forest.

figure that one out
Quote by cwl
You will see the trees, not the forest.

figure that one out

I thought it'd be the other way round. Where 'trees' are all the smoking hot babes around, and 'forest' is the one girl who's more important than anything. And you love her even though she's the size of a forest, or something...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I'm holding you to that

If I die in 40 years time a sad lonely old man, I'm haunting the shit out of you.

You won't be an old man in 40 years.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This whole 'you just know' answer seems to be very popular, but how do you know? Is it like a little voice in your ear? Does your body feel different when you're around him/her? What are the clues?
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
This whole 'you just know' answer seems to be very popular, but how do you know? Is it like a little voice in your ear? Does your body feel different when you're around him/her? What are the clues?

Bloodlust, amongst other feelings.
MATTERHORN
Love isn't my friend at the moment. I fell in love with a close friend of mine, just after spending more and more time with her she was just always on my mind. Literally, first thought every morning and last thought every night. If I just randomly saw her in town my legs would just turn to crap and it'd feel very weird. She always made me smile whenever I saw her. Then, I got the courage to ask her out. She said yes. It blew me away. I can't explain how I felt. Imagine playing on stage with someone like Queen or Bon Jovi or your favourite band ever then times it by as big a number as you can... It's just incredible. But then we broke up after a while.

I can't give a definition of "love" cuz it's a mix of many emotions but that's my experience in it. After you've been properly in love once, you'll know if the next person is just a crush or not.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Bloodlust, amongst other feelings.

Ahh yes, the desire to slay a mountain of men to impress your beloved. I've felt that one many a time. I still have the bloody axe to prove it.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Jackal58
You won't be an old man in 40 years.

Sorry mate, but society deems it so

You're still a young whippersnapper to me though

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.

You just know.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.

Honestly, one day it just hit me and I knew I loved her. subjective brah, you can't complain.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Honestly, one day it just hit me and I knew I loved her. subjective brah, you can't complain.

Subjective indeed. I've always found it in little things, like a tiny shared moment that makes you realise 'wow...I love you.'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by dudetheman
I really don't know. I keep feeling like I'm in love with someone now but then I'm so guarded that I keep talking myself out of it. I'll think, "Wow, I really do love her..." then that'll go to, "Wait a minute, no, that's not possible. You haven't known her that long..."

I want to be in love but at the same time, my mind won't let me believe it.

Once you can't talk yourself out of it you're probably there.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by pitobodies
Once you can't talk yourself out of it you're probably there.

I think that'll only happen when she's finally in my arms.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
You can say you love her when you can eat her poop

But seriously, it's a happiness, selfless thing. I'm currently not in love with anyone, so it's harder for me to make the definition clear.

I R ALONE
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Whatever you do, don't mistake lust for love.

Fixed.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by JohnnyV
You can say you love her when you can eat her poop

But seriously, it's a happiness, selfless thing. I'm currently not in love with anyone, so it's harder for me to make the definition clear.

I R ALONE

The Pit still loves you.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

When you wake up next to her and your first thought isn't 'shit! leg it!', that's when you're in love.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by User_Name336
if you have to ask, you're not there. if you're making this thread, you're definitely not there. when you're in love, you'll do anything for her to make her happy. you'll be thinking of her all the time, and you'll be longing to spend time with her. you'll be thinking of random little things she does that make you so happy, and not the huge ones. you'll remember the little things at dates that mattered, and not the dates themselves. you'll enjoy spending time with her more than having sex with her.

thats how you know. btw, i love my girlfriend!!

I agree with this statement 100% therefore I believe this is that answer you are looking for TS.
Quote by Jako215
I agree with this statement 100% therefore I believe this is that answer you are looking for TS.

Pretty much. I fell in love with a girl a while ago, and we're still together, so I didn't really think about it. I met someone else last week and realised I wasn't feeling the same about my current girl as I used to. Or maybe I never did. I've been in love before, and everything in that paragraph you quoted is true, so I guess I'm not in love anymore.

I hate breaking up with people.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Pretty much. I fell in love with a girl a while ago, and we're still together, so I didn't really think about it. I met someone else last week and realised I wasn't feeling the same about my current girl as I used to. Or maybe I never did. I've been in love before, and everything in that paragraph you quoted is true, so I guess I'm not in love anymore.

I hate breaking up with people.

You don't know what you've got until it's gone.
Feelings are hard to describe and explain. Imagine describing happiness to somebody who had never had the feeling before. You could just say "When you feel good about something" but that's just like saying "When you care about someone" in this situation. I guess Love is just the pull that you get to someone when you know that they are really going to make a difference to your life, when they become another big section of your life instead of just a small part. Imagine your life on a pie chart, I'd say love is when that person's section becomes as big as your family's section.

I think I've been in love. But I guess I'll never know 'till I feel something that tops those feelings.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Page 1 of 4