The 20 seems to have 22 frets while the 23 has 24 frets. They have different switches and inlays (And finishes of course) but I can't imagine there being a huge difference in quality in €50
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Well, I'm not 100% sure, but the JS20's switch looks to be just a 3-way(I've never seen a 5-way switch like that), so bridge/mid and mid/neck pickup combos don't seem to be an option, plus the JS23 has 24 frets, like GNR4EVER said. Otherwise I don't see any technical differences though.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I think the difference is caused by the different number of frets, as the above, JS20 has 22 and the JS23,24. Seems like some extra frets=reasonable ammount of cash, the same goes for the Ibanez XPT700 and the XPT700HX, the first one is a normal super cool 24 fret guitar, while the other has 27 frets and a rail humbucker... the first one is $933, the second $1199.
Pretty sure they're both basically the same guitar. I'd get the JS23 because it has the extra frets if you ever need them, and the inlays look better. A Jackson without those inlays looks wrong.
Quote by Ali-b912
A Jackson without those inlays looks wrong.

Reminds me of Charvette a little :p
Quote by petmyhat
Reminds me of Charvette a little :p

Those 'things' make me vomit in fury
Haha, howso?

Either way, with the 50 buck difference I'd like to order a nice humbucker from GFS, since it's going to be a project guitar. I dig the basic look it has without the inlays, because inlays might be something I grow bored of??? Replacing that 3 way switch with a 5 way blade would leave a cavity wouldn't it?
I don't think the cavity would be noticeable if it was there, plus you can get little rectangular plates put around the 5-way so if it WAS there that'd pretty much make it invisible.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Quote by Enix165
I don't think the cavity would be noticeable if it was there, plus you can get little rectangular plates put around the 5-way so if it WAS there that'd pretty much make it invisible.

never saw such a thing but that's good to know.
Quote by petmyhat
never saw such a thing but that's good to know.

My BC Rich has one, it's basically just a little rectangle made of metal you hold in place with the screws. Hell, you could probably make one yourself. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons