I'm looking to buy a new guitar. I'm going to be playing metal, such as bands like megadeth, slipknot, killswitch engage, metallica, all that reamins. and others.

I'm looking for it to have emg's, floyd rose is not necessary, any body shape really.

NO bc riches.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
There should be some good LTD's in that price range. Maybe check out the M and MH series'. You might even find an eclipse in that price range.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Have a look at the ESP/LTD range and maybe Jacksons? Maybe even some Ibanez guitars?
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
LTD-F400FM!!!
its the guitar i own. amazing guitar born to play metal.
$800
definitely worth it
emg 81s
i just did a review on it. should be up some time
Look into Schecters
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Just because a daewoo dealership has a tune-up service doesn't mean that the ****ers know what they're doing (no offense to anyone who drives a daewoo. pleas don't torture your little one cylinder engines to mow my lawn and bump into me)
Considering you seem to want the standard metalcore+metallica&megadeth bit, go get an Ibanez RG and be happy with your br00talz. Nice Les Paul btw.

EDIT: Disregard that, Shecters
Last edited by Ali-b912 at Jun 13, 2010,
Ltd Ec-1000 Ftw!
Equipment:
ESP LTD EC-1000
Agile 727 Interceptor Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Marshall 1960A Cab
Peavey 6505+
Rack stuff

Whoop Whoop. Holla.
ESP/LTD, they can do what you are looking for. go to a shop and play ones in that price range and see what one you like the most.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

I have the Non-Trem version of this guitar, and a buddy of mine plays this exact same model. He's done a whole North America tour alongside Exodus and Kreator with it and his K-7 and it holds up, and I use mine extensively at home and in band practice.

I would recommend the MH over the Eclipse, I have an EC-1000 and it is still a great guitar, but I find the strat shape suits me more. Really though, you just can't go wrong with any LTD over $600 anyway.

EC-1000 (YouTube Video)
MH-1000 (Facebook Video)
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Jun 13, 2010,
What kind of schecter would i look at?
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Quote by GreenDay0013
What kind of schecter would i look at?

The Hellraiser's have EMG's but would probably be stretching your budget..Check them out anyways, I'm not 100% sure on the prices. Even if they are over budget you should definitely be able to get one used in that price range.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
You could also check the Jackson, they are really good guitar for metal. I'm not sure for the price, but they worth it.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Schecter Hellraiser or Schecter Blackjack.

I think the reason I like Schecter so much is because of the feeling of the neck. It's hard to explain but the neck feels reaaaally good. Just try one and see if you agree. If you don't like it, you'll definitely think it's different to the other brands.
jackson if you like thinner necks. esp ltd if you like thicker necks
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Scheters are ok, although I knew a luthier who fixed a baritone shecter of mine and said they were known as going cheap on setting the frets on their neck. So I would definitely buy one in the store. The C-1 hellraiser with or without a floyd would be in your price range, especially for a store floor model or during a sale, and I really like the coil taps. If you would be willing to go a little higher I would recommend the guitar I have been lusting for which is a jh-600 esp, goes for about 900 dollars but has everything I want with the exception of a boost switch, which I would probably put in myself. You could get it used for 700 and I really like the feel of a kahler, much smoother feeling than a floyd to me, and it DOES stay in tune despite what that german guy online says who keeps trying to push line-6's like they are the be all and end all.

Also, if you need a cheap practice amp check out the peavey vyper 15 or 30, or check out the vyper 60 or 120 if you want a nice tube power amp combo(just the power section, the preamp is transistor). I played on one and somewhat regretted spending all of my money on a 6505+ head and half stack as well as hundreds on floor effects(love my 6505+, but money is money). It doesent sound quite as nice as the tube 6505, but it sounds pretty darn good and has tremendous versatility for it's price range.
Last edited by bwalls2 at Jul 19, 2010,
Another vote for ESP, I got the KH202 and think it's excellent.

I did try an Ibanez but the ESP just felt better.
too bad that you dont want a B.C Rich, for that price you're going to get a good B.C
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Quote by Aggro
too bad that you dont want a B.C Rich, for that price you're going to get a good B.C

Is there ever a good B.C Rich?
Because I own and love Jackson I have to suggest these:

Jackson DKMG

Jackson DKMGT

I bought a Black Forest (dark green) MGT because I didn't want the Floyd Rose. When I changed my mind, I went and got a Black MG. They look cool, but not flashy. The thin maple neck is AMAZING. They are esay to work on and set up, they sound GREAT and there are several variation to the configuration available.
Last edited by HalfDose at Jul 23, 2010,
How about a Fender Strat HSS? They have wide frets that allow easy shredding and both single and double coil pick ups for versatility in sound.

ron666
You could afford a used ESP Eclipse or something awesome used on guitarcenter.com in the used section. They send any used items to another guitar center in the U.S. but the downside is you can't try it until you buy it, but ask about there return policy if you aren't happy with it.

Craigslist is great too.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez XPT700, love mine and it's an amzing guitar the stock dimarzio pickups are amazing and the neck feels great, and you almost can't go wrong with a Jackson imo i think they are amazing but it depends what feels best try a bunch out and find one you like. That's how i found my Jackson .
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator