I have never sounded better. I had a migraine this morning and threw up somewhere in the range of 15-20 times. During this (sounds kinda gross but deal) I felt a chunk of something come up from my throat. My throat hurts like hell but my talking voice sounds less nasally than usual and so just kinda messing around I sang a couple notes. To my surprise I sounded great! I sang a little bit more and no nasally sound at all. I stopped because I'm incredibly dehydrated and my throat does hurt still but what exactly would cause this, anyone know? did I maybe throw up snot or something? What could have made my voice sound better even with all these factors weighing in? if this is the wrong thread for this let me know and I'll move it but I figured this would fit in here
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
I honestly don't know how to answer that except for that's badass. That must be how pop singers try to get good- go anorexic and get better at singing. win win!
The acid from your stomach can sometimes actually 'damage' your vocal cords...It heals within a couple days...
Maybe your 'damaged' vocal cords sound better haha.
how does anyone throw up 20 times in a day? you'd be coughing up blood after number 5.
but I'm thinking maybe you had something like a tonsil stone and dislodged it after all that.
crazy shit though, 20 times? see a ****ing doctor man.
Quote by Cheeseman07
how does anyone throw up 20 times in a day? you'd be coughing up blood after number 5.
but I'm thinking maybe you had something like a tonsil stone and dislodged it after all that.

+1

sounds like a tonsil stone to me too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
they're nasty, apparently once you get them they'll keep coming back
don't think they've ever changed my voice tho
Yeah, I was gonna say sounds like you had mad phelgm or a tonsil stone thing or something.
Quote by Venice King
Beethoven ****ed Jimi Hendrix and I was born. I make my own music.
I've seen a doctor about the headaches and the throwing up is actually fairly normal considering the level of pain I have, but I keep myself hydrated so I have SOMETHING to throw up cause I hate throwing up just phlegm. Never heard of tonsil stones before though, can you get those post having tonsils taken out?
My Music:
maybe, I think when they remove your tonsils they only take out part of that whole chunk
though apparantely taking them out is a treatment for stones so probably not.
you'd probably notice them if you had them though, little white thing growing out of your tonsils is hard to miss.
true, I know that now, a few days later, I feel mucus there again so maybe I just got rid of some build up there. Now I just need to figure out how to get rid of the mucus
My Music:
ya you probably just removed every bit of mucus from your throat with all that barfing... if you typically sound really nasally try taking mucinex or something and see if it helps.
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
Well, from what I've read here in this forum, the nasal sound is removed by raising your soft pallete (top of your throat..ish).

After throwing up 20 times, I'm pretty sure your throat was ****ed up to say the least, and very swollen. The swelling likely caused the soft pallete to cover your nasal cavity a little bit more, reducing that sound.
interesting take dethvone1. i hadnt thought of that. my singing has been worse since wednesday or so though so idk whats up
My Music:
voice is 100% normal again. Doctor hasn't gotten back to me yet about what this might be but he said no to tonsil stones lol
My Music:
my mother told me as a youngin that lemon juice clears your throat.
maybe that will help getting that sound back...without throwing up 20 times.
i think there was someone else too but i dont remember.

also lemon juice might dry your throat..so it might not be a good idea..i just drink lots of water..since im a smoker water+singing makes me have to clear my throat
Quote by Cheeseman07

I threw up over 20 times when I had food poisoning from crab, it didn't help any that I was also allergic to it as well. Never went to see a doctor, I'm a badass.

Does it matter why your voice sounds better, take advantage of it man.

it does matter cause i want it back lol. water usually helps me sing longer if i drink up during practice but it really makes no other difference in my voice
My Music: