My cousin has been playing acoustic guitar for about 8 months and asked me to look into an electric guitar and amp for her. she is only 11 so doesnt need anything fancy but lots of what she plays will be very clean.

will this amp do?
For guitar, a Yamaha Pacifica 112v.
With neck and middle single-coil pickups and a bridge humbucker, it's extremely versatile. Sounds good, it's well-built and reliable.

For the amp, i'd suggest either a Roland Cube, a VOX VT or a Peavey Vypyr.

That said, i'm not familiar with the Belcat.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
^^^^ Vypyr will do. it also gets just a little dirty through too much gain as well, so its a good choice for someone still finding their style. sounds pretty good too. recommended out of the category.
yeah all of that is way to expensive. as i said she is 11.

i was thinking a Squier Bullet Stratocaster and the Belcat V15G which all together only comes to £123.99

I know its not great gear but for the quality she will need and at her pricerange i think its ok
Quote by EFGuitar
^^^^ Vypyr will do. it also gets just a little dirty through too much gain as well, so its a good choice for someone still finding their style. sounds pretty good too. recommended out of the category.

In my opinion, for cleans the Roland Cube will be the best one.
Then the VOX VT, and lastly the Peavey Vypyr.

It will do it, and it's a nice practice amp. But it has (arguably) the worst cleans between those three.

EDIT:
Quote by markjenkins1992
yeah all of that is way to expensive. as i said she is 11.

i was thinking a Squier Bullet Stratocaster and the Belcat V15G which all together only comes to £123.99

I know its not great gear but for the quality she will need and at her pricerange i think its ok

Don't do it.

At least get her an Affinity or Standard Squier Strat.
I never tried a Bullet Strat i liked. In my opinion, they're awful guitars.

And believe me, it's better to spend a bit more on something of good quality than to buy a bunch of crappy equipment that you'll have to replace in a matter of months.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by markjenkins1992
i found an affinity with a Fender Frontman Amp 15.

is this amp good for cleans?

You're probably talking about the same Fender/Squier starter pack that i started with...

Apparently i got lucky with the guitar that came in my pack, since it's absolutely flawless and has pretty good pickups, but i've heard that sometimes you can get a crappy guitar.
All the Affinity Series Squier guitars i ever played were pretty nice, but i wouldn't buy the pack without trying the guitar first.

As far as the amplifier goes, the Fender Frontman 15(G/R) isn't a great amp.
The clean channel is useable, but the overdrive is absolutely horrible.
Nowadays i only use it when i absolutely need to (when i don't have an amp at the place where i'm going to play, or i can't carry my Laney halfstack), and i always carry my pedalboard with me for effects.

Plus, it's been 3 years now, and the speaker is starting to sound bad (sometimes sounds like a ripped plastic bag).

If you really can't spend more, go for it.
But my previous suggestions were the cheapest options with good quality you will find.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jun 14, 2010,