Law obviously influences morals. Like most people, I've been bought up to know that murder is wrong because there is a law against it, but it's also morally wrong, which is where the law probably came from, basic morals. Do you think morals should influence law or do you think they should both be kept separate?
Morals are subjective, hence at one point we had slavery, coke was legal and booze wasn't

IMO There is no morality, only degrees of what the population considers "acceptable behavior for the majority"

IF laws were based on the greater good, I think things would be much better. IE: Gay marriage and what not
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
morals should influence law, however just because something is law, i dont neccesarily think it should be interpreted as "right"

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Laws are undoubtedly based on morals. where else would they come from?

that's not to say that there aren't people who base their morals on the law, but in my opinion they're doing it wrong.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Law should be influenced by the harm principle. Morals shouldn't have any place in it, my morals may not be the same as yours.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Laws are undoubtedly based on morals. where else would they come from?

10 commandments?
Quote by leg end
10 commandments?

which are the basic rules of christian morality.

It's still a set of morals regardless of where it comes from.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by leg end
10 commandments?

I never understand why people say this. Most of law is not based on the ten commandments and most of the ten commandments are not present in law.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Laws are the moral code forced upon us, but law should not influence morals. I choose not to kill people, but not because law prevents it (though the looming threat of a jail sentence does impact my decision in a slightly hypocritcal way, but shut up I'm making a point), I choose not to kill people because I believe no man has the right decide whether another man should live or die.
Quote by leg end
10 commandments?

The 10 commandments are laws made up by people to control others, with a false idea of a man in the sky- *slaps self* NO, I will NOT talk about religion.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I never understand why people say this. Most of law is not based on the ten commandments and most of the ten commandments are not present in law.

Laws change over time, so they may not be in law now. And that law probably wouldn't have been global.