My main and really only guitar right now is my LTD EC-1000. I got it used from a good friend for $450 a year and a half ago and Its a great guitar. It plays great. I originally dug the EMG sound a while back when I first got it, and a couple months ago I installed the 18v mod, which helped. I'm running it through a Mesa Mark V and I feel that the amp itself is already tight and punchy so I want to take the EMG's out, and put some Bare Knuckles in it instead! The nailbombs to be exact.
Now I know I have to replace all the pots and circuitry in order to do this, but I was wondering do the electronics vary that much depending on what I get? I'd like to install a push/pull pot for coil splitting too. The question is, where should I buy all the little parts and what do I buy? I'm not so handy with guitar tech so I'll have a local guitar store install it all for me. I'm excited for the change!
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
the electronics do chnage the sound
and you can get alot if not most of those things for cheap on ebay or other guitar supply stores
and depending on how you want it to be wired you need different things
bump
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory
A push-pull pot can be had for $15 or so, depending on the rating. I'm not sure how much it'll cost to have someone install everything for you, but shop around a bit. Look in the phone book for guitar techs or, if need be, luthiers. Call them, get a price estimate, take it to them if they need to see it, and try to do research on the people themselves. A quick Google search should point out any problems people have had, if they've talked about them.

PS, good choice on the Nailbombs, I want to put one in the bridge of my Les Paul.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?