I started to play the guitar a few months ago, and i feel that it is going alright, but the next thing i want to try and move onto is to create my own song, but i have no idea where to start with creating it.

so i was wondering if there wer any tips that anyone has about writing the lyrics or writing the instrumental part of the song?

Thanks in advance.

(sorry if this is in the wrong furom or wrong part of the furom, i am new to the website and furoms)
I right my own stuff by just playing with the techniques and styles i know, i started by learning covers of my favourite artists and bands then just started playing around with a few scales and styles i could play and it came from there, so yeah i would say learn a few of your favourite songs and a few scales depending on what kind of music you want to play depends on which scales you will be best off learning and go from there
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
I started off playing the guitar by learning songs by artists and guitarists I like, rather than spending ages learning the chords and different techniques, and okay i'll just have a look around with the ones i've been doing to try and find what sounds good and could be changed.
Best way to do it really is to learn songs by artists and guitarists as you will pick up alot of techniques that way as you get better at playing in there style, but learning a few scales is a must when writing songs as it keeps you in key and also gives you an idea of where to go nexty, so your like 2 steps ahead of what your writing, but i wouldn't sday you need to know the names of all the chords and to learn all the theory as you will pick bits up as you go along.

Also one more tip for writing more complex peices if you have multiple instruments playing at once learn how to use a chromatic tuner to tell you what notes each instrument is playing, as this will also keep you in key
My Guitars:
Epiphone Flying V
Westfield SG
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance