I have Fender Super Reverb Reissue and I'm looking for a good overdrive/distortion pedal to put in front of it. I have an Ibanez TS-9, which I really love, but it's not enough gain. I need something versatile. I just bought a Pro Co Rat 2, but it's too "metallic" and thin sounding. I've been through many pedals and still haven't found the right one. I'm probably way too picky, but I'm looking for something that I can just stick with. I play mostly classic rock...Joe Walsh, The Raspberries, Jay Ferguson, Rick Derringer, The Eagles, CSN, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Cream, Jeff Beck, The Who, The Ventures. Right now, I'm looking at the Fulltone OCD and an MXR Distortion +...I know that was a very popular pedal in the 70's, but I'm open to any other suggestions. My main axe is a Gibson LP Standard.
Last edited by HowYaDoin at Jun 14, 2010,
Fulltone OCD gets my vote. Great medium gain pedal...does classic rock very well.
Quote by JayLacelle
Fulltone OCD gets my vote. Great medium gain pedal...does classic rock very well.

+3.14
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
That clip sounds vaguely Marshall-like to me.

In general, when what you want to do is turn a Super or Twin into a boosted Plexi, the pedal of choice is the Tonebone Hot British (or Plexitone). I like the Fulltone OCD, but I think the Tonebone would be better in this case because of the amp you're using and and sounds you want.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Last edited by Even Bigger D at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by Even Bigger D
That clip sounds vaguely Marshall-like to me.

It does. It's funny because he's actually using a Fender Super Six Reverb and a Sunn amp head.
Quote by HowYaDoin
It does. It's funny because he's actually using a Fender Super Six Reverb and a Sunn amp head.

Maybe it's primarily the Sunn. I don't really know what they sound like.

In any case I'd put the ToneBone at the top of my shopping list. The Soldano GTO is kind of cool too, but with some amps it seems to be noisy. They're hard to find too.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Quote by kingbabyduck

You're right....that is awesome!!!...But I don't know about it or the Tonebone...I had a Tonebone in the past and sold it to a friend because it was "too much" distortion for me. However, I do plan on getting a real Marshall Plexi or a JCM 800 in the future...so I don't know if they are the right pedals...maybe something that I can use with both the Super Reverb and the Marshall (to give it a boost)?
I'd like to throw in the Catalinbread SCOD. Great pedal.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket

+1, demos sound great

EDIT: sell the RAT2 and buy a vintage RAT, apparently they're much much better
Quote by ibz_bucket

+2.71828 for the scod. i dont own one yet, but its on my list of things to buy.

+6.282 the OCD is also really great, with a slightly marshally vibe to it on the HP mode. IMHO its a must to have on pretty much any pedal board (with the exceptions being metal and jazz). i have had mine for a few weeks and absolutely love it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
+2.71828 for the scod. i dont own one yet, but its on my list of things to buy.

Is that +e?

EDIT: yes, yes it is. I thank you for bringing mathematics into the wonderful world of UG.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Jun 19, 2010,
what about putting them both on and blend the sound together. This might get you some nice results too. I would try that before you go and buy a new pedal.
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
Catalinbread DLS sounds just about right for what you want.

The alternative could be the Catalinbread Silverkiss... but that's a hard-to-come-by pedal
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Well, I just got the OCD the other day and I love it. LP mode sounds like an overdriven Fender and HP mode sounds like a Marshall!!! It's amazing!!! Just what I was looking for. Now I need to find the right settings...