I currently have a line 6 spider IV 15 with a boss me-25, and because I'm am now in a band I need something with a alot more POWER. My budget is not huge I am going to spend from £200 to £400 (or if you are in America $300 to $600)
I was thinking for getting a Marshall mg100hfx, and I play ALL types of metal.
please help
check out the bugera 333xl and maby the 6262, both are 120w all tube. LOUD

EDIT: oh yeah, the combos of them are 212s. That might just and just fit your budget (not promising). 2nd hand probably. If youll get the head and a cab, Im suggesting a Harley Benton G212 Vintage from Thomann.de, its probably around 150£. That and the head version of either bugera might stretch your budget a little but thatll kick ass. Also, a head+cab will be easier to transport.

Jonathan
Last edited by fc89konkari at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by Koopagamelouda
I was thinking for getting a Marshall mg100hfx, and I play ALL types of metal.
please help

Really bad idea.

Quote by Koopagamelouda
I currently have a line 6 spider IV 15 with a boss me-25, and because I'm am now in a band I need something with a alot more POWER. My budget is not huge I am going to spend from £200 to £400 (or if you are in America $300 to $600)

You don't NEED a lot more power. A tube amp with 35 to 50watts is more than enough.

My suggestion: Peavey 6505+
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Jun 13, 2010,
i use a peavy valveking 212, that should be within your price range....
Drum drum drum away!
Can't go wrong with a bugera. Loudest I've had my 6262 was 7, I don't think you'll ever need to be that loud, haha.

I got my combo for $500 new
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Can't go wrong with a bugera. Loudest I've had my 6262 was 7, I don't think you'll ever need to be that loud, haha.

I got my combo for $500 new

Ive had mine only at 5 aint it sick xD I was wearing some seriously big earmuff protection. My house and my grandmothers house are at the same yard (big yard!), she told me she was listening in her bedroom. I play in our basement, all doors closed.

not to hijack the thread, I gave my advice, good luck!

Jonathan
Quote by Linkerman

Really bad idea.

Why what's wrong with the Marshall I was told that was good

you just might want to compare the marshall to other amps, the common opinion (especially here in UG) is that marshalls cheaper end amps (especially the MG series) arent any good, I mean, I guess you can use them for practising and anyway as a beginner amp, but if you care about tone, its a big NO. Same goes for the spider.

Youd really want to listen to some (not all, and Im not saying Im the king) people here and then even more, test out some amps your interested in and what some have suggested here. Decide for yourself.

Jonathan
Quote by Linkerman

Really bad idea.

Why what's wrong with the Marshall I was told that was good

The Marshall "MG" series are solid state amps produced after Marshall bought some company (whose name I cannot recall) and are not the same sounding or quality as the Marshall tube heads you're used to seeing.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by beverboy
i use a peavy valveking 212, that should be within your price range....

+ 10000
OMG 3 megawatts!!! do you think I could use a distortion pedal with that? lol

I think I'll get the Bugera 6262 ive heard a demo of it on you tube it sounds awesome. but I will try it out just to see if it is ok with metallica type metal
Last edited by Koopagamelouda at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by Koopagamelouda
OMG 3 megawatts!!! do you think I could use a distortion pedal with that? lol

Yes, chain two DS-1s into eachother, all knobs full tilt. It'll sound CRUSHING.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
There is little point in getting a powerful amp. If the gig is large enough to need such a powerful amp, then it should have its own PA system. If it doesnt, then (ive heard, anyway) that when you turn up your powerful amp, you WILL get deafened, the front row will get deafened, the sound will get absorbed and the sound wont carry to the back. Read this article, especially number two: http://www.guitarnuts.com/amps/myths.php
Sure, you may want to buy a powerful amp and if you particularly want to then fine, I will say good for you, please post reviews and images so the rest of UG can see your amazing amp. But dont buy a loud amp JUST because you're in a band. Ive gigged with a 30 watt SS amp before. Generally if you need a bigger amp due to gigs, its better to buy a smaller amp for practising, then either mic it up and go through a PA or go direct through the PA (correct me if im wrong, but i believe the ME-25 has stereo XLR outputs?)
I don't know why everyone keeps suggesting the Bugera 6262 when the Peavey 6505+ is in his price range.

The Bugera 6262 has (arguably) better cleans, but let's not forget that it was modelled after the Peavey itself...

I think the Peavey 6505+ is still a far better option.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by minnis
There is little point in getting a powerful amp. If the gig is large enough to need such a powerful amp, then it should have its own PA system. If it doesnt, then (ive heard, anyway) that when you turn up your powerful amp, you WILL get deafened, the front row will get deafened, the sound will get absorbed and the sound wont carry to the back.

When I said I needed power i ment more power than my line 6 (because on the line 6 the sound quality gets worse the higher volume you take it). So what I was really asking was had does anybody know of any good amps with more power than my line 6.
Quote by Linkerman
I don't know why everyone keeps suggesting the Bugera 6262 when the Peavey 6505+ is in his price range.

The Bugera 6262 has (arguably) better cleans, but let's not forget that it was modelled after the Peavey itself...

I think the Peavey 6505+ is still a far better option.

Modelled after does not mean better or worse.
It not only has arguably better cleans, but many find the distortion to be better as well.
As for reliability, (I assume you're talking about the 1x12 combo here) that's up for debate since the Peavey is made in China as well.

edit: Also, how can you pass up 3,6 MegaWatts? That's almost TWENTY FOUR DECIBELS LOUDER than a 15 Watt amp. The whole neighbourhood will be able to enjoy your br00tl riffage.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Last edited by Kanthras at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by GNR4EVER
I think you mean kilowatts, 3 and a half megawatts would be 3.5 million watts

Yeah, you're right, hehe.
You'd need a powerplant next to your house for 3.6 MW.
You wouldn't need any more central heating though..
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9