Hi guys!

I've been playing guitar for 4-5 years now. At the moment I own an Ibanez S470 which is a dream come true to say the least.

However, I've also had the wish for a long time now to get myself a second guitar.
The thing is, I just can't seem to find what I have in mind.

What I wanted was a guitar shaped like an Explorer (the shape is just badass )
However it seems as though pretty much none of them come with a floyd-rose - esque tremolo system. The only one that I know of is the Jackson Kelly. However this is is not an option for me, as I've already had the chance to play it (a friend owns one) and to be honest, I kind of dislike it. Mainly due to the fact that it seems to be unbalanced (the head keeps pulling down to the floor).

Now what I ask you, my fellow UGers, do you know/could you recommend me a guitar shaped like an Explorer that is suitable for lead guitar (I heard somewhere that they are mostly suitable for rhythm playing) and if possible has a good tremolo system?

Your help is greatly appreciated!
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Last edited by Eruption1991 at Jun 13, 2010,
Gibson Shred-X

only problem is that Gibson had retards design that guitar and did not put a locking nut... but its got a khaler ( i think)
Where's Waldo?
Quote by chadreed32
Gibson Shred-X

only problem is that Gibson had retards design that guitar and did not put a locking nut... but its got a khaler ( i think)

Wow, I just checked that one out.
It looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, but your're right: whoever forgot about the locking nut deserves a few slaps...
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Dio10101
Budget?

Sorry, forgot to mention that: ~ €500 - €750 = $600 - $900
Quote by Alix_D

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Eruption1991
Wow, I just checked that one out.
It looks beautiful, sounds beautiful, but your're right: whoever forgot about the locking nut deserves a few slaps...

locking tuners could help... but the khaler 2215k is not supposed to go out of tune easily, but theres not really a way to do that even with a locking nut..
Where's Waldo?
Quote by megano28

That looks like one sweet guitar, just like one I've been searching for!
Quote by Alix_D

SAVE GIBSON

Hamer used to make their Explorer-shaped guitar (the Standard) with a Floyd Rose. I saw pictures of them back in the day. Shoot them an e-mail and ask if they will do their XT-series Standard with a Floyd. I'll bet they would do the U.S.A.-made Standard any way you want, but it will cost a small fortune.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Check out Warmoth.com. You can pretty much design the guitar of your dreams. You can also save lots of money by painting it yourself.
Quote by c21vin
Check out Warmoth.com. You can pretty much design the guitar of your dreams. You can also save lots of money by painting it yourself.

No. It doesn't work that way at all.

I was going to say Agile Ghost, but you're in Europe... bummer.

Anyway, I'd say probably the Epiphone Prophecy Futura.
what about an LTD EX series? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX401DX-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar?sku=520113

has EMGs and a floyd rose special, neither of which i'm really a big fan of. but the bridge can be replaced later, and you may actually want the EMGs as opposed to the passive pickups i would want.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
what about an LTD EX series? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EX401DX-Floyd-Rose-Electric-Guitar?sku=520113

has EMGs and a floyd rose special, neither of which i'm really a big fan of. but the bridge can be replaced later, and you may actually want the EMGs as opposed to the passive pickups i would want.

Actually I'm not such a big active pickup fan either, but ah well...

I'll definitely consider the ESP LTD EX-401DX Floyd Rose and the Epiphone Prophecy Futura FX Floyd Rose.

Thanks for your help guys!!
Quote by Alix_D

SAVE GIBSON