I hope this is the right forum for this, if not, feel free to move it mods, ive already had one thread closed, so let me know the best place for this!

Hey, it's my birthday in the week and i was looking for some new bands to get in to!

The sorta stuff im in to is alternative rock and bluesy stuff, and also some heavier stuff!
Bands like Radiohead, Brand New, Coheed and Cambria, Mars Volta, White Stripes, SRV, BB King, Modest Mouse, Glassjaw, Underoath

I'm looking for some music that's got good guitaring, fun riffs and cool lyrics/vocals with those sorta styles above! cheers for any recommendations!
Queens of the stone age, the strokes, arctic monkeys, the butterfly effect, audioslave, our lady peace, jimmy eat world, them crooked vultures.

Some personal faves
Black Stone Cherry?
Bayside - Duality
Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Horse the Band - The Mechanical Hand
Dillinger Escape Plan - One of Us is the Killer
Common - Be
Try Black Stone Cherry, they're an awesome band, all their songs have great riffs in, some great solos, and the singers voice is amazing. Some really powerfull lyrics aswell. They're not much like any of the bands you asked for, more of an older, southern rock feel to them, but you should seriously consider checking them out.
Band of Horses,This Will Destroy You,Godspeed You! Black Emperor,Explosions in the Sky
Shabutie, Prize Fighter Inferno, Davenport Cabinet, Billy Talent, At The Drive-In, The Raconteurs, Mastodon, Iron Maiden, Dethklok, Gogol Bordello.
Quote by jaybals
someone posted that in my closed thread, awsome song! gotta get me some of that!

Yea they kick ass
Try Godspeed You! Black Emperor.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, Red, My Darkest Days