Is this a good idea? Cause I'm having trouble looking for a guitar combo or head/cab setup that would have the right sound im loooking for that can also be gigged with. And bass stacks/combos seem to be cheaper so i could use the left over money from my 700 dollar budget for pedals to form my own sound
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
You could get a pretty nice used tube combo amp for that price. In all honesty i don't think i'd do what you are thinking about doing. A low price amp will generally sound cheap. I'd just buy an amp that can produce the general tone im looking for then color it with effects after. To each their own though.

Maybe you could buy a bass amp then run a POD x3 through it and get a nice tone out of it.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Quote by dez_cole
You could get a pretty nice used tube combo amp for that price. In all honesty i don't think i'd do what you are thinking about doing. A low price amp will generally sound cheap. I'd just buy an amp that can produce the general tone im looking for then color it with effects after. To each their own though.

Maybe you could buy a bass amp then run a POD x3 through it and get a nice tone out of it.

That's what i meant...
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
If you’re chasing a tone from a bass amp, yes, you can use guitars with bass amps. The Fender Bassman started out as a crap bass amp that turned out to be a killer guitar amp.

If you just want to play downtuned and need lots of low end the Orange Thunderverb heads are designed to work into such low frequencies that they double as bass amps.
Quote by jpnyc
If you’re chasing a tone from a bass amp, yes, you can use guitars with bass amps. The Fender Bassman started out as a crap bass amp that turned out to be a killer guitar amp.

If you just want to play downtuned and need lots of low end the Orange Thunderverb heads are designed to work into such low frequencies that they double as bass amps.

Well I play in full-step down tuning and my music is like Gaslight Anthem and Against Me
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by zeminion
Well I play in full-step down tuning and my music is like Gaslight Anthem and Against Me

That’s not a low tuning that you would need a bass amp for. Not even close. Try playing in A or playing an 8-string before you worry about a bass amp!