I play guitar for now 10 years with really cheap acoustic guitars and I want to upgrade for different acoustic projects.

I would need suggestions on what direction to go for around 500 to 600 $ New or used...

I love the feel of classical guitars, but I also love the sound of the acoustics...
Is there something in between ?

My projects would have similar sounds to elliott smith, city and colour, bon iver etc...

Thanks for the help !
Also I would say I like smaller guitars thats why I love classical guitars
Look at 00 and parlour sized acoustics. OM is also a nice size. Really, there are so many different shapes, you have to just get to a shop and play everything you can so you actually know what you want.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Quote by i_don't_know
Look at 00 and parlour sized acoustics. OM is also a nice size. Really, there are so many different shapes, you have to just get to a shop and play everything you can so you actually know what you want.

It can't be said enough. If smaller body guitars is what you're looking for, then go to all the stores in your area and play as many smaller body guitars as you possibly can.

But, if you're looking for some brands to look out for, keep and eye out for Yamaha, Alvarez, Blueridge, and even some Washburn. But again, play as many as you can to find what's best for you.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
ok thanks, I tried an etude classical guitar from lapatrie and did not get the wow factor so I was looking for brands worth trying
Once again, try EVERYTHING. Find a shop with a good selection, and plan on being there all day trying out every small steel string acoustic they have.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
seagull folks are the ones i'd recommend first. they're the size of classical guitars with steel strings, good sound, the neck is narrower than a classical but wider than a lot of steel strings. they make both an all solid and a solid top version. i haven't seen the solid top version at many stores lately, but some reputable dealers still carry them on ebay. keep in mind that guitar center will be having its biggest sale price on fathers day so you may be able to get the all solid version at your price.

one that's a little over your price range but maybe you can find it on sale is the guild GAD-30. an awesome sounding guitar, one of the very best i've heard in its price range, great finish, just a darn nice guitar. again, if you try 'em and like 'em but can't quite swing the price, i see a couple reputable ebay dealers have 'em sometimes.

if you don't mind a narrower neck, the blueridge br-143 (mahogany) or 163 (rosewood) is also a nice smaller guitar with sound that i really like.

http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/35949
http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/35940

btw, what i mean by a reputable dealer is an authorized dealer, and one with a return policy and very good feedbacks.
Quote by patticake
seagull folks are the ones i'd recommend first. they're the size of classical guitars with steel strings, good sound, the neck is narrower than a classical but wider than a lot of steel strings. they make both an all solid and a solid top version. i haven't seen the solid top version at many stores lately, but some reputable dealers still carry them on ebay. keep in mind that guitar center will be having its biggest sale price on fathers day so you may be able to get the all solid version at your price.

You're right on that one!
http://gc.guitarcenter.com/promo/june-madness/online.cfm?coupon=bestofr

You can get the Maritime SWS for $560!