So I'm getting a baritone guitar tomorrow and I've been doing lots of research on it. When I first started wanting one I thought it was made for Drop B and A but it turns out that I'm wrong. So I was wondering would it be a total waste to use a baritone for Drop B? I would have to get a thing string gauge, probably 12's, to do it. I have a regular guitar as well fyi.
Baritones are made to tune to low tunings. I'm building a baritone right now so I can tune to B standard. Tuning to drop B on a baritone would be totally fine. You just need to find the right balance between the string tension that you want and the string gauge you use.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Your not wrong. Your right.

Baritone scale increases tension. So, you can use smaller strings than a normal scale guitar and get good tension.

My Agile Interceptor is baritone scale (27"), and I've got 9's on it. In standard tuning they are TIGHT.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Yeah most baritones are tuned to standard B (B,E,A,D,F#,B) Going to drop A would be just like going to drop D on a standard guitar, and it should be no problem to use drop B if your strings aren't too heavy.
Quote by Demonhunter04
You are my hero nodurquack.
Obviously it’s going to depend on the scale length—it would make perfect sense on the 26.5" scale that Schecter uses. Not so much on some of the 30" baritones!