I realized today I am completely broke! So I re-entered the world of torrents. Since I have pretty much everything imaginable at my fingertips i'm going to try and get some new bands on my iPod.

The stuff that interests me most is the out there sort of atmospheric progressive stuff like Rush, Pink Floyd, Tool, Type O's high point, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, etc.

What are some different bands that fit the same mold? I've got all night to myself so i'm going to spend it listening to music.
Think For Yourself, Question Authority - Dr. Timothy Leary

Quote by Poopsmith666
[21:09] im so canadian i piss maple syrup and i shit the beavers!

Quote by theyab
[1:01] im 21 years old i know how to jerk off
Mars Volta
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by phoenix_crush
ROSETTA

metal for astronauts!

ASTROCORE!
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Some Dream Theater, maybe? Also, Genesis, Yes, Jethro Tull? Maybe some Krautrock, say, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk and Neu? And, if you like Porcupine Tree and have yet to check them out, Steven Wilsons side projects (No-Man, Bass Communion, Blackfield and the solo album and cover versions).
King Crimson too.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.