hey im planning buying a new guitar and i have narrowed it dont to 2 Bc Rich Virgin Standard chameleon and the Schecter Devil not sure onw both have 24 fret necks and floyd rose tremolos any insight would be appreciated
Out of those two I'd get the B.c. Rich.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Schecter. Way higher quality wood usually as well as pickups. And look nicer.
Schecter.
My Gear:
- ESP Eclipse II FR
- Epiphone Les Paul
- Prudencio Saez Classical
- Marshall MG 30WattDFX
- Boss MT-2
- Ibanez TS9
- Dunlop Slash Crybaby
- Boss CH-2
schecter forsure
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
i haven't played either guitar but in my experience, Schecter makes better guitars than BC Rich
Quote by salgala2000
Schecter. Way higher quality wood usually as well as pickups. And look nicer.

The pickups aren't better. Rockfields are amazing. Especially the active Black Betty's, that are on the Virgin.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at Jun 13, 2010,
I'm all for B.C. Rich because i have used both and from my experience, the BC Rich has a much better neck than Schecters. Better for lead playing, even playing in general. Scince they are generally for metal, i'd go with the BC rich, not to mention the badass styles they have
Simply because I can't take anyone who plays a BC Rich seriously, the Schecter.
Quote by adamchafee
I'm all for B.C. Rich because i have used both and from my experience, the BC Rich has a much better neck than Schecters. Better for lead playing, even playing in general. Scince they are generally for metal, i'd go with the BC rich, not to mention the badass styles they have

According to who? Neck shape is 100% subjective.

Try both and decide for yourself.

Schecter usually has better quality. Or at least in my experience they do.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Both brands budget guitars have shitty pickups and ugly wood on the solid-colours.

Schecters quality on the whole is very good, even their budget guitars feel solid. BC Richs budget guitars are (well, the general consenus is that they are) garbage.

I've played $600-$900 Mockingbirds though, with the Rockfields. Very nice and solid guitars.

However, in a lower priced guitar (>$900) I'd try to stay away from anything with a licensed Floyd Rose, which I believe (without looking it up, I'm not sure) both guitars have.
Quote by Tedward
Both brands budget guitars have shitty pickups and ugly wood on the solid-colours.

Schecters quality on the whole is very good, even their budget guitars feel solid. BC Richs budget guitars are (well, the general consenus is that they are) garbage.

I've played $600-$900 Mockingbirds though, with the Rockfields. Very nice and solid guitars.

However, in a lower priced guitar (>$900) I'd try to stay away from anything with a licensed Floyd Rose, which I believe (without looking it up, I'm not sure) both guitars have.

The B.C. Rich Virgin has a special Floyd, and great pickups. I've played both and the B.C. Rich is better IMO. I agree that Schecter gives you one of the biggest bangs for your buck, but the B.c. Rich is just really good.

TS, go out and try both of them, and see which one you like the best. It's that easy!
Quote by korinaflyingv
Last edited by Burgery at Jun 13, 2010,
Schecter. Better value for money, and a lot of the BC riches are bolt ons and are very pricey for that type of neck joint, also BC riches are ugly imo.
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Last edited by scrubzyful at Jun 14, 2010,
^^^because buying a fender with a bolt on is obviously overpaying

edit: never ask ugers about bc riches, general consensus is that they suck. even if not all of them do
[HARLEY-DAVIDSON]

When the world slips you a Jerffrey...

Stroke the furry walls.
stroke the furry walls.
Last edited by velocigecko at Jun 14, 2010,
Dude, no one is gonna help you here, it's a fanboy vs fanboy battle. Go to the guitar store you live close by, and check both guitars (or more) out, see what YOU think of them. Just because Bob says that BC Rich rules doesn't make John a retard for saying BC Rich sucks. Neither would give useful information since they are both fanboys...
Yeah
i HAD a bc rich virgin special on order, turns out i was overpaying simply coz i had to get it shipped over (there are none in aus atm) and i got second thorts and cancelled, im glad i did aswell, or else i wouldnt have my beautiful gibson v <3
I'd save up a bit more/go used and grab myself a schecter hellraiser. even if you want a non-strat shape the hellraiser has like 3 non-super-strat shapes.