Hi guys,

I'm modding my old $20 crapscaster and I want to put a 24 fret neck. Will this ruin anything like intonation etc? Thanks.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
No. You'll have to adjust intonation again but you'll get it right. I don't know about headstock angles and neck radiuses and such so might want to ask someone else about that.
It it is the same scale length it shouldn't. When the neck is in the neck pocket, the distance from bridge to 12th fret should equal the distance from the nut to the 12th fret. If they aren't equal, your intonation will be off.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
So there isn't anything to worry about besides intonation then? Thanks for the speedy replies.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Does it currently have a 24 fret neck? If not, it will most likely screw up your scale length, causing massive intonation issues, not something that can be fixed by adjusting the saddles.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
Does it currently have a 24 fret neck? If not, it will most likely screw up your scale length, causing massive intonation issues, not something that can be fixed by adjusting the saddles.

How could it be fixed? Moving the whole bridge? And is there any scale lengths in metric? I don't know inches etc :\
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
http://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator
Put in the info, and switch it to mm.

Next, to fix the scale problem, you have two options. route the neck pocket deeper (towards the bridge), or move the bridge. I'd move the bridge personally.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
For the new neck, does the fretboard have an overhang or is it flusk with the end of the neck? If it is a strat ripoff, due to the swimming pool route plus the hole for the trem, moving the bridge may not be an option or could require some filling a space with wood. I added a 24 fret neck to a SX body I had and found it easier to change the neck pocket.
this man makes a point. moving a strat bridge would be hard. unless of course you want to switch to a hardtail bridge.
no sir away a papaya war is on