A friend said that she would buy me one guitar pedal for my birthday . My question is: Which type of guitar pedal should I get? I already have a wah pedal, but other than that, nothing. So what kind of pedal should I get next?

I don't think the type of music I play would matter too much in this situation, but I play mostly bands like GNR, Avenged Sevenfold, BFMV, Three Days Grace, and other bands like them.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
if you're not happy with distortion/overdrive in your amp, go for that, otherwise i find a pedal that i use a ton is my MXR Script Phase 90, it sounds really nice and adds a good layer to the sound
also, tuner pedals are nice
distortion or delay, depending on how happy you are with your amp
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Definitely a delay pedal. Your friend must really like you

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Well, I'm going to get a Blackstar HT-5, so it should be a modulation pedal.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Delay > Modulation in terms of usefulness.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by phoenix_crush
delay

Definitely. BOSS DD-7 simply because it's so versatile.

However, that's if you're happy with your distortion/overdrive tone already. If not, probably get a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 in my opinion. Or you could search the hundreds of "Which OD/Distortion should I get?" threads.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Can't go wrong with a tuner. You seem content with what you got though. Don't get a pedal for the sake of getting a free pedal. It wouldn't be too cool to take advantage of your friend like that
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by scaryfried
does your friend realise that pedals are expensive?

Quote by stradivari310
Your friend must really like you

Quote by the boogieman
It wouldn't be too cool to take advantage of your friend like that
You are hitting that, right? TBH, I think she wants to be taken advantage of!

Delay is awesome. You gotta turn on just a tad bit of it, enough to sweeten up your leads, then throw down a pound session on the coolest chick ever!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
You are hitting that, right? TBH, I think she wants to be taken advantage of!

Just my personal opinion, I'd just skip the pedal and get straight to the act (or at least lifetime supply of it).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by stradivari310
Delay > Modulation in terms of usefulness.

+1. I love chorus but I don't know how I went so long without delay. Also some delays such as my dd-7 have a modulate setting that sounds like chorus.
definately delay. i use delay all the time, and its only a cheap 80 dollar number 1 echo by EH.

ask for an MXR Carbon Copy, that thing is an awesome little delay pedal, and it has a modulation setting as well.

you can also check out the EH memory toy, its the exact same thing as the MXR, but cheaper :]

however delay is the most usable effect IMHO. you can toss on a boat load and do some seriously laggy/spacious leads, use just a touch throughout a whole song for adding in a little bit more "space" between notes, use it as a slapback for some cool rhythms. really the list goes on.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Quote by stykerwolf
Might as well ask for that fulltone delay thing that's being sold for 1500usd or something.

I'd just ask her to get me a tuner if i don't have one...

The TTE is not a pedal
DD-7 or tuner
1999 US Lonestar Strat, 2002 Duesenberg CC, Vox AC15H1TV

PedalTrain2 & Diago PowerStation: TU2, GE7, CryBaby (GCB-95), Carl Martin Comp, '81 Keeley TS9, Jekyll & Hyde v1, NS2, VP Jr, MM4, RV600, DD5, DD7, TC Nova. Cable:Mogami W2524+Neutrix NP2RXB