I am going to buy my first electric very soon and was looking up a few guitars and found "www.aliexpress.com" with guitars at insanely low prices. I need to know if anybody has used or knows if it is a scam or not.
Here are my concerns:

1. Everything is dirt cheap. A $3,409.99 Gibson Les Paul Supreme onthis site is $329.28 with a hardshell.

2. Everything is on Escrow payment plan. It's new and makes some weird promises that to me are a little hard to believe.

3. I read it ripped some guy off bad, and some other guy did extremely well. I don't know which person I would be if I tried.

Anyone who knows anything about this site and if it is good or a complete scam, PLEASE reply. Much thanks.
Last edited by fg-433s at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by fg-433s

1. Everything is dirt cheap. A $3,409.99 Gibson Les Paul Supreme onthis site is $329.28 with a hardshell.

This HAS to be a scam. Assuming it's the whole guitar not like a tuning peg or something.
sounds sketchy to me. the other guy is that said it was alright is probably in on the scam m8.
lets be logical and use common sense here. youre not going to find a geniune gibson les paul supreme for $330. If its too good to be true, it probably is.
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by bbetances
sounds sketchy to me. the other guy is that said it was alright is probably in on the scam m8.

Good point that never crossed my mind.

Anybody used it?
Last edited by fg-433s at Jun 13, 2010,
don't do anything with escrow on the internet. Anyone selling a $3k guitar for $300 is either A) Insane or B) a liar.
Honk
Really...you really need to ask this question? Has logic and common sense failed you?
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
dude. it says its made out of basswood and its from china. cmon son
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by espplayer400
dude. it says its made out of basswood and its from china. cmon son

That was the concern I couldn't think of with the first post.

I think I'll just go to GuitarCenter and pick out a guitar.
supplier: bobs guitars on mainland china? theyre makin knockoffs and sellin em to idiots. money in escrow cant be refunded; the seller will pack up and move out before they find em. youve been advised not to do it, and frankly if you do, your the previously mentioned idiot.

edit: sorry didnt see the post above me.
Quote by bbetances
supplier: bobs guitars on mainland china? theyre makin knockoffs and sellin em to idiots. money in escrow cant be refunded; the seller will pack up and move out before they find em. youve been advised not to do it, and frankly if you do, your the previously mentioned idiot.
edit: sorry didnt see the post above me.

I wasn't dumb enough to try without a good solid foundation from UG.
I mean really, if I was buying a Gibson at wholesale...the following facts would be a pure logical review:

1. Gibson LPs are all made in America.
2. This guitar is being sold wholesale, meaning at dealer prices, for under $400.00 from China.

Done, right there. I wouldn't even have continued.

I wasn't dumb enough to try without a good solid foundation from UG.

So if we were all jerks enough to say it was legit, you would have been dumb enough to buy it?
Michael
Last edited by SpawnedX at Jun 13, 2010,
Quote by SpawnedX

So if we were all jerks enough to say it was legit, you would have been dumb enough to buy it?

I don't know? My dad probably would have intervened, so no.
I'm not even going to touch that post with the obvious kids are getting more and more useless by the year stick.
Michael