Alright so i bought a new guitar from Japan. Its currently in customs ..

i spect exactly $1162 with shipping and insurance.. the guitar was 1012 regularly.. How much could i expect to see in Import Tax to the USA New York
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
bump... anyone!?
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
you're not supposed to bump in 20 minutes dude, this wasn't even off the first page.

You already bought the guitar so it doesn't really matter?

The best way to find out would be to phone your shipping company or whatever kind of government agency is in charge of imports, whether it's federal or state.

In Canada IIRC, for $1000+ I think it would be around $200.
I just read that in the united states musical instruments are exempt from import tax duty.. im guessing that doesnt inlcude VAT.

http://www.import-duty.com/

copyright was written in 2007 so it might have changed.. but hopefully not. i read that other people had to pay 0 dollars and 20 dollars to pick it up..

im in Nevada right now.. anyone know if theres a fee to hold it. no ones home to accept it =/
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
anyone have any experience with this stuff? i just bought another guitar so $200+ in taxes that have nothing to do with the guitar is really gonna hurt
My Gear:
JacksonStars KE TN-02
Jackson DK2M
Jackson WRXT
Jackson KSXT
Jackson DXMG
Jackson 7 String soloist

Ovation Celeberity
problem is it depends on your country, probably even your state.

from what i read up about it when i ordered my edwards, it seemed to be a bit of a lottery as to whether you got caught in the states. If the states has an exemption on musical instruments, then you should probably bring that to their attention. does nevada even have a sales tax? I know cali does, i thought it was one of the few which did, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It primarily depends on what country/state you're in and what shipping carrier it is.

I bought a Jackson RR1 from Texas for just over $900 with shipping and insurance and the duty charge was about $200 because it was shipped via UPS.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.