Hey guys,

Recently I've been looking around for a nice bass amp, like head and cabinet not a combo. I've been looking around and comparing some and like the Ashdown ABM series, mainly cause I played one at a show once and I loved the tone. But I would like some other input from other [players, as I don't know many more bass players here. Also I will need a nice cab, nothing big but something that if I play a medium sized gig i wont be pushing it to the max. I'm planning on spending between $1,300 - $1,500 so it can help you guys out a little with what i could get. Also you'd probably want to know what I play, which is usually Metal, Grunge, Punk but I like playing alot of different genres that arn't so heavy. So if you guys could give me a few suggestions I'd be glad to hear them! Thanks in advance!
Also look into Markbass, possibly GK if you like your mids pretty punchy. Ashdowns are pretty great cabs IMO, its what i use along with a markbass head
Thanks guys, I've had Markbass recommendations from my bass teacher too and ill be sure to check them out. Anyone else with any other recommendations?
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C combo. It is as loud as hell, has fantastic tone and is extremely versatile. You can mount it on top of an extension cabinet (such as a 2x10 to give you a 4x10 setup). If I were looking for a bass combo, this is the one I would get (or the SWR Redhead, if I could part with $1,700.00 for a new amp).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm trying to move away from getting a combo, though. I want the head and cab set up cause i want to be able to interchange stuff, ya know?
I find Markbass pretty boring and not worth the money. On the otehr hand i really regret selling my Ashdown. I'd definately look at the ABM series!

As mentioned, GK are also worth a look, but the ABM will do the three genres you specified no problem!

The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Quote by FatalGear41
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C combo. It is as loud as hell, has fantastic tone and is extremely versatile. You can mount it on top of an extension cabinet (such as a 2x10 to give you a 4x10 setup). If I were looking for a bass combo, this is the one I would get (or the SWR Redhead, if I could part with $1,700.00 for a new amp).

+1 to this dude. SWR stuff is amazing if you can afford it, and the strange controls dont put you off :P

(im GASing for the Marcus Miller pre-amp to watch my MM bass)
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals