I ordered a guitar from GC online. It was out of stock and expected to arrive in their warehouse on the 8th, then to be shipped immediately.

Well the 8th came, and they changed the date to the 10th. The 10th came and they changed the date to the 13th.

It's the 13th, and now they've changed the date to the 20th.

This is ridiculous... does anyone know how long this is going to last? Has anyone had to deal with something like this?
It's not their fault, it's the supplier, could take forever depending on the supplier.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
I recommend you call them up. I mean, at least you'd know if it was their fault, the supplier's fault, what have you. Then, hopefully, you can get this resolved, man.
It's probably a really popular guitar. They wouldn't want to ship out a few guitars to a couple people on one day, and then a few more on a different day...

It makes more sense to get a large number in and be able to send them out at the same time.
What kind of guitar is it? If it's a Gibson than it's because of the flooding at the nashville plant putting new gibsons on hiatus for a litte bit
see if you can cancel the order, get a full refund, and get the same product from a different site, like musicansfriend.com. that place is pretty popular. sometimes it has lower prices than GC too
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
It's probably a really popular guitar. They wouldn't want to ship out a few guitars to a couple people on one day, and then a few more on a different day...

It makes more sense to get a large number in and be able to send them out at the same time.

oh, and yeah, it's probably this. The exact same thing happened with my guitar so don't worry, it will eventually be there.
None of that is true as far as waiting to send many out. GC has a UPS account which is at the highest discounted rates so it costs the same if they send 1 of 100 of the same guitar out per day, per guitar.

This means the manufacturer, not supplier since GC buys direct from the manufacturer, is backordered or delayed.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
Quote by olix95
see if you can cancel the order, get a full refund, and get the same product from a different site, like musicansfriend.com. that place is pretty popular. sometimes it has lower prices than GC too

Really? Cuz GC OWNS them...
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by kumamilesbear

No the company that owns GC owns MF. This is a tricky business thing, because if you buy from GC online you have to pay state tax if your state has it, if you buy from MF you don't.

Tricky, tricky, tricky.
Michael
When I bought my Ibanez the same thing happened.... took about 2-3 weeks.... Damn am I glad I waited.
Where's Waldo?
GC has been really good to me, I would put up with a snag here and there.
Michael
Well thanks for the replies everyone. Just to clear things up I'm not trying to be a whiney bitch or extremely angry or anything, I was just wondering what was going on. I can wait awhile if that's what it takes.

And I can't cancel my order and order from MF because I got a really good deal, and it's also out of stock on MF.

Quote by chadreed32
When I bought my Ibanez the same thing happened.... took about 2-3 weeks.... Damn am I glad I waited.

I also ordered an Ibanez, haha. An S770pb to be exact.
Quote by Ignite
Well thanks for the replies everyone. Just to clear things up I'm not trying to be a whiney bitch or extremely angry or anything, I was just wondering what was going on. I can wait awhile if that's what it takes.

And I can't cancel my order and order from MF because I got a really good deal, and it's also out of stock on MF.

I also ordered an Ibanez, haha. An S770pb to be exact.

yeah dont worry,once I ordered a jackson demmelition and it they siad it'll take 3 months for it to come..glad I cancelled it
Quote by kumamilesbear

well it always seems that MF always has something in stock, when GC does not.
Quote by andrewjp123

there you go olix95!

and what is this for?
See, this is what I did.

I got a guitar, it was backordered for a month or so, so I called and complained. I asked if there were any similar guitars I could get, and they offered me a $50 off coupon on any guitar I wanted. I also found a Schecter on sale for $300 with a $50 rebate, so I ended up getting a $500 guitar for $200.

Pretty sweet deal.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
See, this is what I did.

I got a guitar, it was backordered for a month or so, so I called and complained. I asked if there were any similar guitars I could get, and they offered me a $50 off coupon on any guitar I wanted. I also found a Schecter on sale for $300 with a $50 rebate, so I ended up getting a $500 guitar for $200.

Pretty sweet deal.

and sacrifice the guitar you like to get another one that is put on sale..no
Quote by archenemyfan
and sacrifice the guitar you like to get another one that is put on sale..no

The guitar I "wanted" was just a cheap guitar to start playing guitar with, I think it was a dean ML....

Thank god I didn't get that atrocity ._.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by TheBigProjekt
The guitar I "wanted" was just a cheap guitar to start playing guitar with, I think it was a dean ML....

Thank god I didn't get that atrocity ._.

the guitar "he wants" is a great instrument..so that changes things..its an ibanez s770
Quote by archenemyfan
the guitar "he wants" is a great instrument..so that changes things..its an ibanez s770

(googles)

Oh. Different story. Just wait.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.

some people have to wait 5-6 months for their new guitar. it's pretty usual.

but with a guitar like this, it's simple supply and demand. they don't really know when they will get one in for you, they are just estimating based on orders they have with the supplier. etc.

it's usually worth the wait.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.