i am interested in getting some one opion on the following two books
1. mel bay's guitar method vol 1-5
2. hal leneards complete guitar method
i am trying to incoperate one of them into my practice routine which includes the following
1. total scales and technique
2. musicians institute complete rhythm guitar
3. berklee complete method
4. theory
5 blues you can use

as far as right now i am a beginner and i am trying to focus more on my ability to read standard notation as opossed to only being able to read tabs. my style of music is old style delta blues and slide guitar. any opions would be appreciated.
Quote by lonwolf26301
i am interested in getting some one opion on the following two books
1. mel bay's guitar method vol 1-5
2. hal leneards complete guitar method
i am trying to incoperate one of them into my practice routine which includes the following
1. total scales and technique
2. musicians institute complete rhythm guitar
3. berklee complete method
4. theory
5 blues you can use

as far as right now i am a beginner and i am trying to focus more on my ability to read standard notation as opossed to only being able to read tabs. my style of music is old style delta blues and slide guitar. any opions would be appreciated.

I've used Hal Leonard's book actually...and it is a series of a quite a few books (not really sure how many, my school carried #1 and 2) and it goes REALLY slowly--you'll want to skip ahead all the time--, so if you aren't in a classroom setting it may be hard for you to patiently go through the book. Other than that it's a great book, with very detailed explanations, and it set me off in a good direction with my guitar playing--just be ready to jump ahead alot unless you're a disciplined player

Sorry...I ramble a lot