i posted last night for pics of homebuilt pedal boards, and i built one today (not too similar to anything i saw in the thread though).

so here are pics.

here is what i did. all i used in the build was a 2"x6" and some fabric i had lying around from some interior work i did on my car. it has a cloth backing and a thicker vinal/denim type of fabric. plus 8 1 3/4" drywall screws, a staple gun, and 3M spray adhesive.

i cut the 2"x6" into two 30" lengths and cut a third piece to about 13".

i then ripped the 13" inch piece in half diagonally leaving one inch at the bottom of each piece.

i then used 3M spray trim adhesive and wrapped the boards in the fabric as i glued and stapled the fabric to each of the four boards (prior to attaching them).

after the boards were covered, i screwed each end of each board twice to the supports.

approximate cost (i had it all lying around and really didn't spend anything) would be:

$4 for the 2"x6" (would be enough to build two of these)
$4-$6 for a yard of suitable fabric (which would be more than enough)
$12 for the 3M spray adhesive (i am sure you could get by with a cheaper brand ~$3-4) and the can would last you forever
$4 misc. screws and staples

$24 to $26 and it would be enough to build two of them if you wanted.

i am going to build a second one next weekend.

let me know what you think.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
not half bad dude! Nice work. The two layers look a bit close for me, but then I have a fair bit of trouble hitting the right pedal at the best of times (big, big feet and occasioanl drunkenness to blame!) But all in all, nice work. BVery basic and simple, but that's the best way.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Dang! I like it!

I have a question though, how do you like your green screamer? I was considering getting one
Quote by nickdohle
Dang! I like it!

I have a question though, how do you like your green screamer? I was considering getting one

Look at the pics - it's the only thing in his signal path! I guess that means he probably likes it!

On a serious note, cool board - I've made one attempt at building already, but I think I was just thinking too complicated - simple seems to be better!
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Quote by nickdohle
Dang! I like it!

it is very cost effective, but i do have a problem with it. it is true bypass, but somehow manages to color the tone while it is off. i dont get it. i tried it on the egnater, and it took the sparkle out of the clean channel. so that is disappointing, but for the $50 or $60 i paid for it (TS808 circuit, supposedly true bypass), its alot better than the comparable ibanez's.

to the rest. thanks for the comments. the reason everything is not hooked up yet is because i dont have my power supply yet, or patch cables, and all of it on that board will be hooked up to the valve king. i am building another whole board for the egnater(s).

velcro come next. i was debating drilling a hole on each side of each pedal and using zipties to hold them down.

what are y'alls thoughts on fastening the pedals down?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I like how you built it, I might consider doing that when I get a pedalboard.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by TMF128
I like how you built it, I might consider doing that when I get a pedalboard.

if you need any further info, feel free to shoot me a pm.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
it is very cost effective, but i do have a problem with it. it is true bypass, but somehow manages to color the tone while it is off. i dont get it. i tried it on the egnater, and it took the sparkle out of the clean channel. so that is disappointing, but for the $50 or $60 i paid for it (TS808 circuit, supposedly true bypass), its alot better than the comparable ibanez's.

to the rest. thanks for the comments. the reason everything is not hooked up yet is because i dont have my power supply yet, or patch cables, and all of it on that board will be hooked up to the valve king. i am building another whole board for the egnater(s).

velcro come next. i was debating drilling a hole on each side of each pedal and using zipties to hold them down.

what are y'alls thoughts on fastening the pedals down?

That's odd about the green screamer, I have a two timer delay and it doesn't color the tone, and uses a 3pdt switch for bypass.

I've considered using zip ties to mount pedals before, but I always change things around and I'd end up switching to a different sized pedal and having to drill more holes until my board looked like swiss cheese, so I just stick with velcro. I'm using the stuff from www.lytpedalboards.com at the moment and it's fantastic, the glue is very strong so the velcro strips don't pop off the pedals (HUGE pet peeve!)
Last edited by Atomic Punk'd at Jun 20, 2010,
looks great dude congrats!
Guitars
Fender USA Strat
Tele c/w Bare Knucks
Amps
Dr Z Remedy
Orange Dual Terror
Epiphone VJ
Orange 1X12 Cab
Pedals
Loads!!
i actually finished the velcro today. i will post pics of it with everything hooked up. give me a few and they will be up.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
looks cool but it's way too thick, it would have been better and lighter with thinner wood pieces if you get what I mean. Plywood would have a better choice imo.
But it does look neato
Quote by Sguit
looks cool but it's way too thick, it would have been better and lighter with thinner wood pieces if you get what I mean. Plywood would have a better choice imo.
But it does look neato

i know what you mean, but when i build something, i build it bulletproof. i would rather have a pedalboard my 215lb foot can jump on at a show and not break. i like things solid. an extra 5 lbs of wood, isn't a real big deal, especially if it makes it more unbreakable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup

how much cableing are you using? true bypass pedals can contribute to the roll off of the high end with long cable lengths. adding a pedal with a good buffer before/after it so the cable lengths dont matter so much may help you out.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i actually finished the velcro today. i will post pics of it with everything hooked up. give me a few and they will be up.

Nice. What power supply did you go with?
Very nice.

Although please put the lead and power supply going into the screamer on the underside of the pedalboard it looks funky going over.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Atomic Punk'd
Nice. What power supply did you go with?

bbe supa charger. got it new for like $95 on the bay. i love it.

i actually mounted it under the board today. i wont be able to get pics up tonight, but will try tomorrow.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Any more pics? I'm thinking of building this exact design. Hows the space under the second row? Enough for a surge strip to be mounted?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by teamhex
Any more pics? I'm thinking of building this exact design. Hows the space under the second row? Enough for a surge strip to be mounted?

To the OT, great work! My only quam is the thickness of the slats for pedals. For anyone thinking of building a board, quick easy and relatively inexpensive, here is my suggestion:

Blank rack panels are 19" wide and vary according to rack spaces: 1 space is 1.75", 2 spaces are 3.25", all in increments of 1.75" in length and 19" wide. W/ that in mind, a 3 space rack panel is 5.25" x 19", enough to place 3 Eventides on them. You can vary the length to fit your pedal sizes and stilll leave spaces in between for cable to pass through.

The only build consideration for this type of board are the height and size of the boards on the end. Rack panels come w/ stamped out holes on each end to screw them down. The width of you ends will need to be a minimum of .75" wide to accomadate the panels. The height can be what you prefer, especially if you install a power supply or power strip underneath. You can build this like pedaltrain models slanted or flat. If you want to conceal your power underneath, buy a rack panel for the front to cover the exposed area. Afterall, the dimensions will be consistent w/ the 19" width. You can even buy panels w/ punch-out for locking jacks or IEC connectors for the front panel or even for the top panel.

Panels are relatively inexpensive, they come in aluminum or steel, i prefer the steel for sturdiness although just a tad heavier. But definitely buy panels w/ the flange edges for support as so not to bend them. If you buy through Redco.com their panels start at $5 a panel and $3 dollars for additional space. So $8 for a 2-space and $11 for a $3-space.

Overall, I feel this is a relatively inexpensive build, very professional looking and custom to your liking. You can get the traditional black/powder coated panels or you can get them perforated and even diamond cut design.

I thought I might share this w/ the forum. My board is a combination of this and a board of plywood. You can cut the panels to shorter sizes if need be, but absolutely very versatile.

For the DIYs, enjoy, hope this gets you ideas flowing.
Quote by trashedlostfdup
my 215lb foot

TOO MUCH TORQUE!!!

nice pedal board thingy, I wish I had enough pedals to warrant building one. I need to retolex my amp first though
Quote by teamhex

probably enough for a strip to be mounted. i mounted the supa charger down there, probably similar depth.

pics coming in five.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Atomic Punk'd
How is that Supa Charger mounted? Just velcro?

opened up the case and used self tappers and screwed the top of the case to the 2x6, and mounted the bottom of the supacharger to top, the way it normally is. its perminant i know, but it sure as hell wont fall off or anything, and looks nice and streamline.

i need to build another pedal board and pickup another supa charger, at the rate i am buying pedals.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
nice. Reminds me of mine, except i used stained oak i had left over from my desk. I'd use velcro, because it gives you more freedom to move pedals around and such.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
opened up the case and used self tappers and screwed the top of the case to the 2x6, and mounted the bottom of the supacharger to top, the way it normally is. its perminant i know, but it sure as hell wont fall off or anything, and looks nice and streamline.

i need to build another pedal board and pickup another supa charger, at the rate i am buying pedals.

Very nice solution.