Okay this has probably been asked a lot but is there like a program or something where I could use or make drum beats? Just wondering since I don't have a drummer and would like to add some percussion into songs.
FL Studio is good for that, and there's always EZ Drummer
The cheapest version of FL studio is $50 and it will do what you need and then some, give the trial version a shot to see what you think. I don't particularity like the samples on FL but I found free ones that I like at http://www.sendspace.com/file/zjgzez if you want something different.
I just use shortcircuit and use samples from the internet. All free. If you need samples I can give you some of mine or a link to some good ones.
Quote by sambot12
I just use shortcircuit and use samples from the internet. All free. If you need samples I can give you some of mine or a link to some good ones.

That would be nice. The only thing I have now for basic beats are the drum beats that come on the Boss RC-20 Loop station and with only 8 different ones it gets very bland.

I'll also check out that free trial and see if I like what I hear.
I attempted to use something called pipeline drums or something like that. Couldn't quite figure it out.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
I attempted to use something called pipeline drums or something like that. Couldn't quite figure it out.

I assume you have samples already. Just go to load and find your samples, then put all of the samples on forward shot (in the box where it says "forward"). Hope that helped.
So you want to make beats with a drum program?

Well, get Steven Slate Drums, Addictive Drums, or Superior Drummer. To be honest, I really hate EZdrummer. It sounds incredibly fake when compared to the three above IMO.

You can also get a program such as Slate Trigger or drumagog to trigger drum samples.