ok so i was browsing yahoo and came across this article

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20100612/sc_livescience/newtheoryforlifesfirstenergysource#mwpphu-container

all the crazy christians on there worry me. the article itself is not important to my question so just look at the comments.

im not against any religion i myself believe in religion but these people are insane on such a degree screaming about end of the world, the bible is law, judgement that it makes me worried what these people will do with their lives.

so pit i ask you. what are your opinions on fundamentalists and what do you do when you encounter one?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
My parents are fundamentalist. Dads actually a fundamentalist preacher. Best way to deal with them is to just smile and nod your head. You can't use words with them.
Sail upon the open skies
The best way to deal with them is to exorcise the demon within them.

Some of the comments are a bit painful to read, actually.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by Skagasm

im not against any religion i myself believe in religion but these people are insane on such a degree screaming about end of the world, the bible is law, judgement that it makes me worried what these people will do with their lives.

Sums up my veiws on religion. Except I don't really beleive in religion, I just let people beleive in it if they want.

Edit: By the way, half of them seemed like trolls, not real Christians.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Jun 14, 2010,
Usually I would read those comments. but I don't want my head to hurt. I just try to ignore them because its no use trying to reason with them and its no use getting angry at them.
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
It's depressing to think that some people actually believe those things and live their lives by them. I'd like to be one of those people who can just say "eh, some people are idiots" and ignore them, but shit, look at those comments. Those people will have children and bring them up the same way. Baahhhhh.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Jun 14, 2010,
As a Christian, people like this make the level-headed among us look bad. I think we hate them more than atheists and agnostics.
lol at this comment:

Martin Luther
"Medicine makes people ill, mathematics make them sad and theology makes them sinful."
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by iro-bot31
As a Christian, people like this make the level-headed among us look bad. I think we hate them more than atheists and agnostics.

im not one to judge but shouldnt you not hate anyone i mean jesus did preach against hate and he did promote acceptance
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

Quote by Skagasm
im not one to judge but shouldnt you not hate anyone i mean jesus did preach against hate and he did promote acceptance

Perhaps I misspoke. I hate what they do, not them as people. They turn more people away than they bring to religion. Thanks for catching that!
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by iro-bot31
Perhaps I misspoke. I hate what they do, not them as people. They turn more people away than they bring to religion.

+♪

Couldn't agree more with you man.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by iro-bot31
Perhaps I misspoke. I hate what they do, not them as people. They turn more people away than they bring to religion. Thanks for catching that!

gotcha man i would say i was my own form of christianity like i believe in jesus and stuff but not all the modern day stuff like than and i also like to take stuff from buddhism and gandhi
roland AC90

Quote by seanfysco
Why do people view science and religion as enemy's?

cause they think science means atheist
roland AC90

Quote by seanfysco
Why do people view science and religion as enemy's?

because they contradict each other
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
Personally, I feel that some people who believe in evolution follow it as blindly as some people who follow religion blindly.

That's pretty much correct.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by RandomComment.
what i don't understand is why scientist have to talk so complicated! why can't they talk in a simple way were everyone can understand it. not just about this subject but also other things, scientist do come up with funny ideas.

who believes in the Big Bang? i don't, i think its a whole load of nonsense. Everybody, and i mean EVERYBODY knows that explosion does not make things beautiful like earth. They bring ruin to earth instead! so where's the sense in the Big Bang??

Evolution, who believes in that? i don't, also a whole load of nonsense. when we are born do we start off as apes? No. if we do comes from apes then we is it that we people put them in cages?
Scientists have even agreed that we contain the same substance as dust (earth, sand,....) that i understood, because thats what i believe, we were created from dust, from God.

And God created everything, not just all of the sudden appeared. It says so in the bible, Genesis 1, tells you everything how to earth was created, well not detailed, but it tells you there, right there, it tells you that everything was created.

“Any other day I’d say no, but today I’m gonna go ahead and just say no.”

-Dr. Cox
Quote by IliekGuitar

+ like azillion....

Btw... why do people act like there's not a difference between evolution and development... All the fundies I know do this and they won't listen to you when you tell the difference.