Hey musicians,
im looking for double humbuckers dimarzio pick up to replace my sh-2 and sh-4 on Ibanez RG320 Japan.
Which models of humbuckers dimarzio should I buy for neck and bridge? considering that I've never tried dimarzio before. I'm done with seymour duncan on ibanez, it didnt sound as good for Basswood body.
I'd appreciate your answers, thanks.
genres? amp? sounds you like?
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I'd suggest Dimarzio Blaze or D Activators. They also have some john Petrucci model that sounds amazing but i forget the name of it :P

I say Blazes or D activator for the Bridge and D activators, Evos, or the John Petrucci ones in the neck.
Without knowing the genres you play, I'm just going to sugget the old tone zone in the bridge and air norton in the neck. Cant go wrong with that combo, regardless of what you play.
Quote by guitarmack1
Without knowing the genres you play, I'm just going to sugget the old tone zone in the bridge and air norton in the neck. Cant go wrong with that combo, regardless of what you play.

+1
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Dunno what you play and what amp you have?

I'll suggest Super Distortion and PAF Pro combo.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Need to know the amp you are using.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I'm not really a fan of the PAF Pro in the neck, it didnt sound right in my S. The Liquifire (or Air Norton), PAF Joe and Air Classic are all great neck pickups. The Liquifire, AN, and PAF Joe are more suited to heavier stuff than the Air Classic, but the AC is still great, and sounds pretty unique with high gain.
I also like the Steve's Special and D-Sonic in the bridge. SS is slightly scooped sounding (not much) and the D-Sonic is very versatile.
sorry i forgot to write my music genre. I play hard rock on my ibanez like the band a perfect circle, tool, billy talent, Deftones, and yea everything bout Modern Rock. I prefer to have dimarzio passive pick up.
im using Marshall MG100DFX for amp.
Effects: Boss GT3, Boss DS-1, and MXR Pedal Booster

thank you
Last edited by dhenia182 at Jun 14, 2010,
It's probably your amp's tone that you are not satisfied with and not your pups.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Last edited by dark Mass at Jun 14, 2010,
Quote by dark Mass
It's probably your amp's tone that you are not satisfied with and not your pups.

+1

that MG ain't gonna do your tone any good at all, get a new amp then if you're still not happy get some new pickups
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
I don't care what you play......Evo's sound awesome.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by shredftw
+1

that MG ain't gonna do your tone any good at all, get a new amp then if you're still not happy get some new pickups

ahh that could be right!! thank u for ur opinions