Ok so I need a clean Bass EQ setting that isn't going to be squeaky and/or overly sensitive. The sound i really like is Flat bass, 3/4 mid, and 3/4 treble. This setting leaves the strings way to sensitive, full flaws and makes playing unbearable. If I flat everything, the sound is dull and lacks a fuller high sound. Is there a way around this?

I'm using a schecter studio elite 4 and a ampeg BA-115 if that helps
What kind of amp and cabinet are you playing through?

If you really want to tweak the EQ, the controls on some amplifiers just aren't enough. If you can't get the sound you are looking for, try adding a graphic EQ pedal. My Carvin R1000 never seems to sound good if I disconnect the onboard Graphic EQ. Using it in conjunction with the tone controls gives me a huge degree of tone shaping capability.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by NamesNotEarl
im using an ampeg BA-115 as i said above

Sorry. Didn't see it. It's been a long day.

That amp is IMHO rather muddy. Try a graphic EQ pedal or a BBE Sonic Maximizer pedal. The latter does wonders if you use it properly.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by NamesNotEarl
what exactly does that do?

Basically it takes your signal and makes the quiet parts louder and the louder parts quieter, to "round" it off more.

The problem is, not used properly, a compressor can actually worsen the problem by accentuating these "noises". I've heard 1 or 2 good tones turned to hell by bad compression.

A compressor is probably one of the ways you could get round this.
Put your Bass Treble and Mid at 5 and turn your style selector to 5. And then let me know how it sounds. If you dont like it let me know. I have that amp and my friend has that bass. Ill fiddle around with it.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Last edited by The1bassist06 at Jun 14, 2010,