Ok so i recently started playing in C-standard on my Alexi- 200 (love the tones) and i cannot find the god damn strings i bought when i first got the guitar.

The local guitar center gave me a 7 string set on accident when i was getting 12-56's and having the 60 gauge on the low string is PERFECT for this tuning, i think it was a 10-60 7 string set D'Addario but i CANNOT find this set on any website and i really want this set or a set similar to it (13-60). Any suggestions people? i've checked Guitar Center's site and MusiciansFriend
I use a D'Addario 10-59 for B-Standard. They have it at Guitar Center. I've never managed to get a 60, even though I want it. I hate not having a baritone...
I couldn't find 7 string 10-60's or 6 string 13-60's, but I did find 6 string 10-60's here
Gear:
Guitars: ESP/LTD EC-400, Ibanez GRX20, Washburn D-10 M/TWR
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
Pedals: Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1, Sanpera I

YDG!?
Im looking for a Wound 3rd string, this is a BEAUTIFUL set and its a pity i can't find it

edit: i can't even find the set on the D'addario site... its very very odd but i'm almost for certain it was D'Addario, 10-13-17-26-36-52-60? i'm guessing? i am trying to compare sizing based on some of the singles i have sitting around
Last edited by 666IronDeth666 at Jun 14, 2010,
The jazz medium 13s have a wound 3rd, I use it for drop C on my EC1000 (shorter scale)
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Jim dunlop sell a Zakk Wylde Set that go
'10 13 17 36 52 60'

But that jump between the D and the G is monsterous.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
This eBay store is where i get my custom gauge strings from, they're pretty reliable, and have loads of different types.
Heres a pack of 13 - 62 baritone, and they sell single 60's too, i've bought a couple for my 7 string

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DAddario-Nickel-Baritone-13-62-Guitar-Strings-EXL158-/190335950251?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c50e81dab#ht_1061wt_911
Hovercraft Falcon 100 "La Dama del Solaris"
ESP LTD Phoenix-1000
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst
well i'm just all ****ed up, I'm looking to tune low but i want a VERY hard tension, im just trying to figure out what guages the individuals are so i can get them, what do you guys think it would be? 13-17-26w-36-52-60? does that sound about right?
i would go to 70 but i'm setting it up on a Floyd Rose and that would just destroy it, but do you think the guage that i posted makes sense? thats all im wondering ATM
no it's off there's only a 8 gauge jump between the 5th and the 6th string
you'd want to go at least 65
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Im starting to like that idea honestly, or even dropping to a 13-56 so i can use my Trembolo a little more fluidly, but thank you so much for that link, what i've been looking for EXACTLY!
how low are you tuning? i've never been able to get a tremolo to get along with big strings.
C Standard... yea thats insane for a Floyd i know. I've got all 4 springs in the back set up and its ridiculously tight
Well if your setting it up on a Flyod rose, just set it up with 4 springs, leaving the middle notch empty and then it should be fine, it just makes it into c standard though, i would need a 5th spring to tighten this set up to D
well I have a baritone now with a fixed bridge. I hate tuning tremolo's anyway lol.
I've discovered that all too well, but thanks anyways i think i might just give in and get the jazz mediums and give them a feel.