Hey i did a search and found some results relating to this but none exactly with my problem.

I have an Epihpone Les Paul Standard, and it plays great and everything, the only problem i have is the the output jack is very loose in two senses.

One is that when you plug in the lead it is very loose, it clicks but then almost falls out a little bit, its not a huge problem but its defintly not locked in place like it should be and im worried that could become a problem being that we have many gigs lined up in the near future and don't really have time to be dealing with that.

Secondly, the actual screw holding it on wont stay tight. Its a pain to tighten and i dont want it moving around and damaging the solder joints. I tighten the nut and everything but it always comes undone.

Any suggestions are great and sorry if this is frequently asked, i just didnt see anything exactly pertaining to this.
Quote by kirky boy
Check the soldering at the back and if that's the problem re-solder

The sound is not a problem at all. No crackling or fading, just loose as stated above. The solder joints are great.
I had that problem with my Epi SG, you should be able to get it tight with a small wrench or spanner, just be careful not to damage the finish
Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
I'd totally eat you.

Quote by Gorelord666
Banned because your avatar blew my mind.

Damn straight.
Quote by scrubzyful
I had that problem with my Epi SG, you should be able to get it tight with a small wrench or spanner, just be careful not to damage the finish

Yeah i haven't tried a wrench yet i guess that would allow for a better and tighet grip. Any ideas on why it doesn't "click" and hold the lead tight?

remove the jack, insert a plug and make sure the arm is grabbing the plug there.

if not, you'll want to bend the arm carefully until it does. these things SNAP right off so be VERY CAREFUL.

next you need to know this is the only way to tighten that outside nut.

by holding the inside and outside. or you will spin the jack and rip off the wires.

you can add a locking washer, or coat the threads in clear nail polish to lock the nut in place afterward.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011