Hi everyone.

I run a tiny terror head into a home made 2x12 cab.

This morning i plugged the head into only one of the speakers (eminence governor which is on the left side) and started playing at a slightly higher volume, and i noticed cone cry when playing on many positions, especially on the lower strings.

Now, i'm very sure its cone cry because i CAN hear buzzing from surrounding items vibrating, but on top of that, i also hear a very different type of buzzing coming from the speaker itself.

When i rest my fingertips on the rim of the cone, the distinct buzzing appears to subside, and then quickly come to an end as my sustained note dies out soon after that.

At the same time, i also noticed another strange occurence: After i was done playing, i switched the amp back onto standby and turned my guitar volume to zero, however, i heard the last note that i played on the Low E String actually still ringing for 10 to 15 seconds more!

When i plugged into the speaker on the right (Eminence Cannibis Rex), i didn't actually notice this buzzing, or notice my last notes still ringing even after switching off the amp.

I don't run the two speakers in series (even though they are in the same cab) because -- yeah you guessed it. The Governor is british-voiced while the Cannibis Rex is american voiced. I just bought these two to experiment.

My questions are these:

1) Was the conecry caused by mistakes i could have made in building my cab?

2) Or was the conecry caused by the speaker itself?

3) I've read numerous reports of conecry problems with V30s, Governors, Wizards and so on. It appears that if i were to run two governors in series, the conecry would be eliminated, how true is this?

4) I'm about to sell off the Cannibis Rex, and replace it with an Eminence Wizard. I've heard people getting good results when they pair a Wizard and a Governor. Will this possibly eliminate the conecry too?

5) Is the occurrence of my last note still ringing in the speaker even after turning my amp off a problem that i should fix?
When you touched the speaker you would have been killing the top end mostly so you haven't really isolated anything. It still could be a cabinet joint resonating at the frequencies you dampened.

The slow dying out is just the capacitors bleeding off.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification