hey guys im getting into playing a lot of bluesy stuff lately as apposed to metal which is what my current gear is basically set up for, and ide like to get some blueser stuff, i have about £500 to spend.

i really would like a tele but knowing nothing about what is good and not when it comes to fenders i need direction

also pedals, my current amp is a Krank Rev Jr, and its gain its really a hard rock/ metal gain, so im thinking a fuzz? pedal to go in front of the clean channel would be a good way to go.

What do you guys recommend.

ide be willing to go second hand if it was the right guitar.

Thanks James
How's the clean channel on the Krank? If it's decent, you won't have to get a new amp, you can just buy a nice OD and/or fuzz to get the bluesyness.

For a guitar it doesn't matter that much which guitar you play. Blues has been played on mostly Strats, Teles and Les Paul, but also a lot on hollowbodies and even V's, Firebirds and Explorers.

What kind of blues are we talking about btw?
a fender mexican baja tele or a standard tele are great guitars.

for pedals, get an OD pedal instead. An ibanez ts-9, Fulltone OCD are great for blues on the clean channel. U can also use the OD pedal with ur Krank's distortion channel to tighten it for metal.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by WtrPlyr
How's the clean channel on the Krank? If it's decent, you won't have to get a new amp, you can just buy a nice OD and/or fuzz to get the bluesyness.

For a guitar it doesn't matter that much which guitar you play. Blues has been played on mostly Strats, Teles and Les Paul, but also a lot on hollowbodies and even V's, Firebirds and Explorers.

What kind of blues are we talking about btw?

hey thanks for the reply, the clean channel is quite nice IMO, but tbh most cleans sound good to me, im more of a gain guy .

as for buying a new amp, that deffo not gonna happen i dont need to nail the tone 100% just get close to it

as for the kind of blues, im taling about the old style, bb king, muddy waters...etc

james
It may never sound like an 18W Marshall but with some dialing in there's no reason you shouldn't be able to play blues through the Krank fine. Stick an overdrive in front of it and you should be peachy.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Good.

The old guys played clean most of the time, so you might not even have to buy an OD or other pedals, just a nice guitar. A Tele would be nice, but it would be hard to get to that BB King tone, as he used a hollowbody and that's kind of the opposite to a Tele

As holycow said, the Baja Tele's are pretty decent, but if you're not willing to spend that much; I've also heard good thing about the Squier Telecasters (but not the Affinity series). Also if you're willing to go used, look for Fender Lite Ash Telecasters, those are really, really good guitars for the money.
Try finding an overdrive that works equally well on both channels of your amp, that way you can improve your metal tone also
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
if u get a squier, check out the Squier classic vibe tele.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by wozzsta
yeah i wasnt to keen on getting a hollow body as its kind of a one trick pony and i only ever use it for 1 thing, at least with the tele i could get some sweet classic rock from it as well.

is this a good tele,

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/66625

that's a nice guitar, Japanese guitars are always nice, and they keep their value. I have a MIJ Strat and it's awesome
Your amp will do fine. Get a nice OD pedal that can pull of what you're looking for. Definitely check out the Ibanez TS-9 and 808, MI Audio blues pro. If your looking for thick maybe an MJM Phantom or jetter gain stage blue.

Guitars are guitars, it isn't absolutely essential that you get a new one. If you do decide to, I would look into a used Japanese made fender. The quality and worksmanship is fantastic for the price
hey guys thanks for the replys, so i guess imma get a MIJ tele, second hand or other wise, and a TS-9 seems like a good idea, ive been after a ts-9 for a while anyhow.

cheers james
For blues, definitely do the Keeley mods on the TS-9. You don't want to cut your bass for blues, mod it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification