Hi, I've found a Fender Frontman 212 100 watt Solid State amp for £100. I've phoned the seller and he said he bought it for £280, I looked that up and he is right, however that's the higher range of it's RRP. I've looked up some reviews but they're not that great. By that I don't mean they say the amp's crap, they're just not that detailed.
You cant expect that much from a solid state, but for that price why not.
Theyre alright, what music you play?

And probably (or close to) the best SS amp on the market
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by GangsterLi

One can still buy a new Roland JC120 so I wouldn't say it was even close.

Nice deal though even if ultimately destined to be the spare amp. It's always good to have a spare amp around. When you upgrade to a good amp at least friends can use the Frontman and still be heard.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
One can still buy a new Roland JC120 so I wouldn't say it was even close.

Nice deal though even if ultimately destined to be the spare amp. It's always good to have a spare amp around. When you upgrade to a good amp at least friends can use the Frontman and still be heard.

I kept my Frontman 65R for that very reason. And they take pedals pretty well too I throw my Blackstar Ht Dual in front and she sings
Quote by sstony

Wut??
Quote by GangsterLi

WUT??!!

Ampeg VH-140? Roland JC-120? Anyone??
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
i have never played a roland jc120 and thought it was any good at all. i don't see why it gets so much praise. i had the fm212r and it is fine if you are using it as a clean base for pedals but the second channel is horrible. i gigged with it for a year and used to get compliments on my tone from people using rivera's and ac30's. that being said i was also using an awsome guitar.
Quote by sstony

Fail.
Quote by GangsterLi

Errr, no.

TS, the deal is not bad, but the amp isn't very good. It has alright cleans and some decent distortion, but you can do a lot better for just a little more.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by joe_k
i have never played a roland jc120 and thought it was any good at all. i don't see why it gets so much praise. i had the fm212r and it is fine if you are using it as a clean base for pedals but the second channel is horrible. i gigged with it for a year and used to get compliments on my tone from people using rivera's and ac30's. that being said i was also using an awsome guitar.

You never played it and you thought it was great? Not sure I follow...
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Best thing to do is to get a multifx board with volume control and leave it on clean. The onboard distortion is atrocious but if you follow the above you'll be set, decent sound cheap. FWIW I had mine with a Korg AXG1000G, sounded schmick.

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
I never understand why people ask is their amp any good after they buy it...
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Kanthras
You never played it and you thought it was great? Not sure I follow...

i have played several and each time i thought it was pretty bad. especially the fact that it did not like any of my pedals in front of it.
Quote by leg end
I play mainly rock and blues through a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty 3

You might look at some BUGERA stuff. Addtionally, the ibanez TSA looks promising.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Half decent for cleans. Don't even touch the distortion channel though, it's so bad.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9