hi
I have no problems recognizing a minor triad in both root position and second inversion.
But I can't remember the first inv minor:
e |--------12
b |-----12
G |-12

Does anybody know a melody that I can use as mnemonic (probably not the right word but my english aint my mother tongue) ?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Well for inversion symbols, there's the inversion hotline: 664–765–4342

Being, 6 - first inversion triad, 64 - second inversion triad, 7 - root seventh, 65 - first inversion seventh, 43 - second inversion seventh, 42 - third inversion seventh
yeah right I guess mnemonic means something else
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Actually, you used the right word. Mnemonic is the word you're looking for, and, as far as I know, there is not a melody you could use.

But I think of triads in first inversion,on guitar, as having the interval of a sixth from bass. Like so:

G--4-----
D-----5--
A--7--7--
E--3--3--

These are both first inversion E minor chords (I would usually use the second one). The interval from the G in the bass (on the E string) to the E on the A string is a M6. If it were a major chord, it would be a m6.

Keep in mind, this isn't an absolute end all-be all of remembering first inversion chords, but it's a quick and dirty way to remember them.