Page 1 of 2
Hi I'm in a band at the moment.. I can't decide which to choose to play for the band... Lead guitar or bass? I've been playing guitar for around 5 years and bass for 4 years... The drummer and the other guitarist want me to play bass: The other guitarist wants all the glory haha The Keyboard player and a guy who plays guitar mainly but likes the bass (HE'S THE SINGER AS WELL) wants me to play lead guitar... I can't choose what to do ... Plz help UG!!!
Which do you like? I personally dislike playing with 90% of other guitar players and choose to take my own sonic space with a bass if I am in a situation like that. There are a few guitar players I like playing with though. Just see which you like. Just cause you play bass doens't mean you can't play lead bass.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Play bass, but switch it up every now and then.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Why not lead bass?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Why not lead bass?

This. Lead bass is just epic win. And plus you might stand out from the bazillion other small amateur bands there are.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Play bass. 3 guitarists is a bit much. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
yes, go for the bass! it's much cooler and everyone knows that the bass brings balls to the god damn music! so if you don't play the bass you would just be a noob band with no balls!
I agree with the lead bass. It would make you different, but also bring some of the value back to the bassist name.
Get the singer to play bass and you do lead guitar?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I'd say go for bass, a lead guitar sounds like it would be pretty heavy which could end up doing serious damage to your shoulder.
360 Gamertag: NEB Vanguard

Quote by josh15742
you sir are epic in every way imaginable

i literally bursted out laughing

Quote by Kenny77
Hats off to you sir!

if you play bass, don't play like les claypool, other wise, you'll have three guitarists.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Oh no there won't be 3 guitarists.. If i play bass, the singer will play guitar.. If I play guitar the singer will play bass
I think the best idea is the I play guitar but switch to bass every so often... The people that are with me are a bit of New-b's haha..
Do you have a vuvuzela player yet?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Bass, definitely. I know I sure wish I knew how to play bass.

I mean how badass is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVQEe8OI3zk

Am I the only bassist in the world that hates Victor Wooten, not because he's insanely talented, but because most of what he plays sounds like shit, and is just complicated for the sake of being complicated?
Quote by 20cdndollars
Am I the only bassist in the world that hates Victor Wooten, not because he's insanely talented, but because most of what he plays sounds like shit, and is just complicated for the sake of being complicated?

nope, I'm with you on that.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
What music are you playing? Is it more interesting on guitar or bass?
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by MightyAl
Play theremin.

YES

Theremins are awesome, I have one

..Anyway yeah, go for bass, why would you need another guitarist? It would be pretty pointless.

If you want to get laid, choose bass
I'd suggest you go for bass mainly because it's ****ing awesome
Quote by ..NEM..
What music are you playing? Is it more interesting on guitar or bass?

The music is ROCK/BLUES/ACOUSTIC/MAYBE METAL... It's interesting on both.. If you wanna hear it just look at my profile and look at the mp3..
It depends on how good of a bass player you are. If you can pull of stuff anywhere near as awesome as THIS then play bass, cuz I'm assuming you could give the music a new and original sound. You would stand out more as a band, and be totally kickass.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Page 1 of 2