Hi guys i plan to get a used ibanez guitar and these are the two choices:

Ibanez s series 540s(MADE in early 90s) with original edge(the paintingof bridge is quite worn out) (around 1000 USD dollars)

or

ibanez prestige 2662(made later than the s series i think) with edge pro (cost less than the s series about 717 usd)

do you think its worth buying either one? they have a few scratches and surface defects but besides that how do i know its the best price?(playing wise is really nice)
i cant really find something to compare with
I now have a signature
by the sounds of it, that 2nd one shreds all over the other one... edge pro+younger+lower price+less wear= pretty ****ing good.
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
why would you choose the second one?plz tell me
I now have a signature
Quote by julzius
by the sounds of it, that 2nd one shreds all over the other one... edge pro+younger+lower price+less wear= pretty ****ing good.

alright
I now have a signature
get the second one because it's cheaper...and I prefer the edge pro

also, doesn't the first one come with H/S/S pickup configuration? Is that what you're looking for, or do you want H/H?
Quote by sstony
The edge pro does not make it a better guitar, but the price does.

yeah but isnt used guitars suppose to go less than 717 usd? because i am not so sure about the prices so i am asking you guys
I now have a signature
are you talking about this?

no contest at all..the S is really old..plus the knife edges on it *should be really worn out..get the RG
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 14, 2010,
A $1000 for the first one is way to much, more like $500 for that one. the second one well how old is it ? You could probably get that one also used for about $500 if you look around.
Quote by eyebanez333
get the second one because it's cheaper...and I prefer the edge pro

also, doesn't the first one come with H/S/S pickup configuration? Is that what you're looking for, or do you want H/H?

both of them are H-S-H Setup
I now have a signature
Quote by archenemyfan
are you talking about this?

no contest at all..the S is really old..plus the knife edges on it *should be really worn out..get the RG

no the s series and the other one both has H-S-H setup ..but im not so sure about the model because i called him from the shop..when i tested them forgot to find out the model lol but i know one is a S series because of that big metal block at the body with the word ibanez
I now have a signature
Quote by sstony
A $1000 for the first one is way to much, more like $500 for that one. the second one well how old is it ? You could probably get that one also used for about $500 if you look around.

im not sure...but if there is really no other options should i buy the second one?
I now have a signature
Quote by jnsw
im not sure...but if there is really no other options should i buy the second one?

yes...out of the two...the second one is probably your best bet (as everybody has already said in here )
2nd, no question.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme