I haven't been playing guitar for the last 2 weeks but when I decided to pick up my guitar again, the amp (Roland 20x) didn't produce any sound. Before that I tuned my guitar with a tuner and everything seemed to be working fine (so it's not the the guitar or cable that's broken). However when I connected my guitar to my amp there was nothing. I unplugged the cable from my amp and turned it off again. When I turned it on without the cable plugged in I heard the familiar pop and a small buz, but when I plugged everything in, I was unable to get any sound out of my amp. I then tried the same thing but with my cable plugged in when I turned the amp on and there was no pop or buz.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem and how it can be fixed?
Silly question and I don't mean to be patronising, but check the volume knob on you're guitar? Also, try swapping the lead ends round and using it the other way round. Also try another plug socket and most importantly another guitar if you can.

Thats all I can think of :\
Say no to drugs, but drink is good...
the output on the guitar might be loose and intermittently working.

you can check it easily enough. see if both wires are connected properly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by Casually_Spoken
Silly question and I don't mean to be patronising, but check the volume knob on you're guitar? Also, try swapping the lead ends round and using it the other way round. Also try another plug socket and most importantly another guitar if you can.

Thats all I can think of :\

I tried changing every knob, button etc. Even tried different effects to see if I was able to get any sound out of it. I switched everything I was able to switch.

@jj1565
It probably isn't the guitar because I'm still able to user my tuner by plugging it into my guitar.
When you crank the amp does the hiss get louder? If not maybe your speaker has become disconnected.
if you checked and eliminated the guitar as the problem, and you know you're getting power to the amp, then plug into headphone/ line out on the amp to test.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011