Sorry, no NGD for now..

http://york.craigslist.org/msg/1786817421.html

I saw this advertised and was wondering if, by the looks/specs of it, it be worth trading my Schecter C1 Hellraiser for.

I know I should try it out and such first, but it seems like I'm getting an extremely good deal if I would buy this for $500. It's a custom shop Stealth and, if I'm correct, 1984 was the first year it was in production.

My real questions for this are:
1.) Am I getting an insanely cheap deal if I buy this?
2.) (off topic) Would it be practical to replace all the EMG pickups/pots in my Schecter without spending way too much money?
3.) Is it worth trading if I happen to want to buy this?
Quote by polishedbullet

It's a custom shop Stealth

Nope.

It's a bog standard NJ series made in Japan. Bolt on. Lots of modifications. In no way is it american built or "Custom shop" Serial number is correct.

$500 is reasonable, but you probably wont turn a profit if you sold it on.

Personally, as long as its a decent player i would trade.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Jun 14, 2010,
That thing certainly appears to be a POS. There's no way it's a real US BCR from the 80s. They look nothing like that.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
HELL YES Its a vintage custom shop. you can buy anthoer hellraiser but you can buy this again. and its pretty unique
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
The guy says it's custom painted, so it originally was just black.

And to Arterial - Active EMG's suck, and are way to expensive to fix. I had a bad ground on my bridge 81TW and it cost $190 to fix everything. I'm wanting to put passives in it if it doesn't cost a fortune, then just sell the actives.
Well, it seem like the jury is still out on whether it is a custom shop or not, BUT if it is a custom shop 80' I would trade in a heartbeat. My son has an 84' custom warlock that he bought for $500 back in the 90's when everyone just wanted to be like Kirk Cobain and play a strat. Once we got this guitar professionally set up it ROCKED!!! Played better than my PRS Custom 22. Seriously, this thing smokes. He has been offered $1400 for it, but would never let it go.

If it is an NJ, that is another story altogether. The C1 is a good instrument and make actually sound better than an NJ. However, the 80's NJ were better than todays by quite a bit so you can't judge it but what B.C. Rich makes today. Ever since Bernie died it has not been the same company.
Its NOT a custom shop. I have owned BCR custom shop peices and old style NJ's, the headstock on the stealth says BC-Rich and theres a gold logo next to it that says "NJ".

Most custom shops BCR's dont even say BC-Rich on the headstock, they mostly say "R"

And the serial number on this particular stealth is an import serial number.

Stop telling this guy it could be a custom shop when frankly you have no real idea over what it is

If you even did a little bit of a research you would find this youtube video of it being refinished.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwXwAeZZGpU

1 Minute in, shows clearly the NJ logo on the headstock. Personally, i would trade, but thats me.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
Last edited by Asomodai at Jun 15, 2010,
either way that is pretty sexy... i may just have to get that myself...
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.