I'm thinking of buying a used peavey 6505 and was wondering how reliable buying one off eBay would be. I have never bought used gear online before so I'd like to know what it would be like
Quote by tubetime86
Generally when I step in something utterly foul, such as dog shit, I take care of it before even entering my house
Quote by tubetime86
As a poorly trained, and grossly underqualified psychologist I suggest you lick the sole of all the shoes you own and get over it.
How much $$ is it?
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
if your going used go with a peavey 5150 instead
same amp but like 2/3's the price
there usually pretty reliable things only things that usually go are tubes but thats expected
may i suggest if your in the UK buying off gumtree and US craigslist
will get much more stuff available and cheaper
Idk how the 5150 is for death metal though. The 6505 sounded pretty brutal and the ones I saw were $400-$500 USD all in great condition (at least that's what the description said)
Quote by tubetime86
Generally when I step in something utterly foul, such as dog shit, I take care of it before even entering my house
Quote by tubetime86
As a poorly trained, and grossly underqualified psychologist I suggest you lick the sole of all the shoes you own and get over it.
Well, general consensus is 5150=6505. They both do death metal fine. But, if you can get a 6505 for <$500 on ebay, go ahead and buy it. That's a good price, and you'll probably be able to get you're money back if it sucks. They usually go for 8 or 9 from what I've seen. I've seen $900 for a triple XXX with no faceplate on there.

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Quote by JHC_DOH
Well, general consensus is 5150=6505. They both do death metal fine. But, if you can get a 6505 for <$500 on ebay, go ahead and buy it. That's a good price, and you'll probably be able to get you're money back if it sucks. They usually go for 8 or 9 from what I've seen. I've seen $900 for a triple XXX with no faceplate on there.

That's because everyone hates the faceplate

When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
What do you mean go for 8 or 9 months?
Quote by tubetime86
Quote by tubetime86
Quote by Td_Nights

+1

I painted mine black

If you're looking for a used 5150/6505...your best bet would be craigslist if you live in the states. Ebay prices will be higher because shipping an amp head isn't cheap. The used prices of these amps have gone up a bit recently though...but craigslist would still be the best route IMO.
Quote by Td_Nights

I think the faceplate's awesome.

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Quote by pedroskins
What do you mean go for 8 or 9 months?

... hundred.

Just incase... I mean 8 or 9 hundred dollars, not months.

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
lol. I have no idea where I got months from
Quote by tubetime86
Quote by tubetime86