Sometimes its nice to spoil yourself...

The Big D

I love this pedal. Its got everything I want in a distortion/ overdrive. Very versatile. I wont bother describing what the gain, tone, and level knobs do. Its got a 5 way diode selector knob, each option offering different tones ranging from OD;s to full on distortion to compressed fuzz sounds. Its also got a soft/ hard clipping switch which offers even more tones depending on where youve got the diode selector set. Theres also a footswitchable "bigger" section which just pushes it a bit further. Im really happy with this purchase and I think it will be on my board for a long time. A friend suggested I get this as a joke (my nickname in some circles is Big D) but after looking into it I realized its probably the most versatile OD/ distortion I've come across. There's not a sound it can reach that I can't see myself using.

The Robot

Ah where do i begin?.... If this pedal were a food it would be a chocolate covered pretzel... you know its weird but its strangely satisfying..... At first it was very frustrating but then I realized the internal gain knob had been cranked all the way up. I set it to 12 o clock and its much easier to control. Its got a volume knob, a 4 way mode selector and a control knob. The 4 way selector:: a "normal" fuzz, lower octave, upper octave, and arpeggiator. The control knob affects the pitch of each selection on the 4 way switch. The first, normal position handles all of my fuzz needs. Its thick as hell and has a nice bassy punch. When turned clockwise the control knob bends the pitch down. I found my sweet spot with this mode to be with the control at around 3 o clock and using the neck pickup on my strat. For the octave down selection, turning the control knob clockwise will offer a pretty brutal octave down and turning the control knob counter clockwise will bend the pitch down further. The octave up selection is also pretty merciless and offers some ring modulatoresque sounds. Again, turning the control knob counter clockwise will bend the pitch down. The arpeggiator is quite cool. It takes the pitch and arpeggiates it in a sequence and the control knob controls the speed. I cant really see myself using it alot other then in the fade out of a song in a live setting but its makes some damn cool sounds. This pedal gets pretty freaky. Ive become obsessed with creating these off the wall sounds by combining it with delay, tremolo, reverb, chorus, vibrato etc... basically anything to make it sound weirder.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my thoughts on these effects. Hope you found it interesting. Thanks, Dave
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
Kick ass.

I love the Robot. I need to get one.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Sincere confrabulations, dude! I really would LOVE a Robot. I would set it to do all my dirty work for me, like washing underwear and assassinating annoying drunks.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Sincere confrabulations, dude! I really would LOVE a Robot. I would set it to do all my dirty work for me, like washing underwear and assassinating annoying drunks.

haha yea I havent figured out how to calibrate the "destroy all humans" function yet
Peter Frampton: "Homer Simpson wrecks my pig, Cypress Hill steals my orchestra.... and Sonic Youth is in my cooler! Get outta there you kids!"

Thurston Moore: "Come on Mr. Frampton... you're not gonna eat all that watermelon..."
you gotta fiddle with the gain knob inside and the big knob outside and the volume of your guitar and the tone....

It's complicated but it's great when it works. I run it through a tsa and cut the sensitivity.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
They're very expensive, though. Probably worth the money, but certainly not something you can just throw down a £100 and be happy with for a weird little unit. I suppose you have to find more of a use for it than just weirdness.