I just bought an skb ps 55 pedal board. i have it all set up fine, expect for the fact that my Boss DD 20 only stays powered for about 30 seconds and then turns off, all my other pedals are fine and stay on and are powered. what could be my problem

thanks
Look a the power requirement for the DD20. It may need a different voltage or more amps of current than that pedal board can supply. I seem to recall they're 9v but pull a lot of current, but I don't have one handy to check.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
it says 9v, when i plug it into its own separate power supply it works fine. i also have an RT 20 and that works fine, i think the DD 20 must need alot more power or something
Quote by Thebassist72
it says 9v, when i plug it into its own separate power supply it works fine. i also have an RT 20 and that works fine, i think the DD 20 must need alot more power or something

A standard 9v supply gives you 200mA of current. A DD20 draws 200mA (I just checked). So that means it's on the hairy edge of not working with a standard adapter. I suspect Boss ships it with a higher than normal spec one.

But when you plug it into other systems, you sort of have to expect trouble.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

If you're daisy chaining from a single 200mA outlet, you'll be starving the current-hungry DD20. The fact that it works fine with its own power supply suggests that it isn't recieving enough current when it has to share a power supply.
Quote by Thebassist72
i put it into a 12 v and it works fine now

What you really want is a 9V supply with more current. In order for it to work correctly on 12V, the pedal's internal voltage regulator has to drop the voltage from 12 to 9 volts. That generates heat and could possibly cause trouble down the road.

If it works, it works. But realize you're taking at least a small risk.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Quote by Thebassist72
i was thinking that, should i just use the separate 9v adapter ?

Yes, if possible.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

Take out the 12v PSU ASAP
When it says it need 9v, it's not good to give it 12v. Especially when it's digital. Digital delays draw a lot of current, so get a powersupply with higher ampere rating, not a higher voltage.