Ok so I put thise new strings on talked about in my first post on here and when I tune it the place where my whammy bar goes(the bridge area) it lifts up and goes out of tune... I had this problem before but got a new set of springs actually come to think of it exactly a year ago this month... I tightened them up and its coming back up again... What can I do to get it to stop doing that. I lost the rod thing that goes into the bridge(makes it a pain to change the strings, just saying) so what can I do to get it to stop coming up? I was thinking tune to be standered but it wont sound the same...
needs to be readjusted, a lighter gauge strings will be probably your best bet. what you using now? try going down to .08's or .09's because it sounds like the gauge you're using now is too strong so is pulling it up. your other option is loosen all strings, and tighten your bridge so it won't move and then re'string your guitar but you won't be able to use the trem.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
take the back cover off and tighten the screws in there. just tighten it a few turns on each screw and try and re-tune. if its still lifting up tighten them a few more times until it works.
Lower string gauge

Tighten/Add springs in the back

Let the strings stretch out and lose a little tension and see what happens
I am using 56's I tightenend the springs in the the back and i dont think the bridge can be tightened.

I dont use the bar anyhow like I had said I had lost it.
Last edited by wwe9112 at Jun 14, 2010,
add a spring.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
All my places are took for springs I have three on there right now lol...
OK, so I popped the high E string somehow in drop b lol oh well, but what would one size smaller than .56's be so I can still get into standered without my bridge raising up. What Earnie Ball Not Slinky Strings should I get?
I use a .56 on my 7 string's low b flat. I think .56 is to large.

Try a 9-42 or 10-46 set.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by wwe9112
All my places are took for springs I have three on there right now lol...

unscrew the lock in the trem cavity, and add more springs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011