hey guys.
im wondering if anyone can suggest me a distortion pedal for an opeth, dream theater ish sound. Im using a voc Ac50cp, the gain isnt doing it for me, tbh.

thanks.
fulltone fulldrive 2
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Definitely a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 or a OCD. I think the OCD is used more for modern overdrive/distortion sound.

Check them both out. proguitarshop.com has like 3 demos for each of them.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
As lame as it sounds, my favorite distortion pedal is the boss metal core. I used it through the clean channel of an MG. It sounded alot better than you'd think it would, try it out.
MoOsEkNuCkLe......All my friends yell OI!

Gear:
Jackson Dk2m
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960a
Kramer Focus 1000
Dunlop Crybaby
Hardwire Tuner
Boss NS-2

Red Bear 120 $50/$600
Cheers guys. Ill go try them out soon. Hopefully its what im looking for.
Yet another cluster**** of a thread. Unless you recommended the FD-2 as a boost, as that's the only way he'll get a DT type tone out of it. The OCD isn't modern in the least and the Fullbore sounds like ass. TS, I'd recommend some sort of modern sounding distortion unit with an American voicing. Something like one of the AMT amp sim pedals.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I agree with the Metal Core.. I was surprised with how ''modern'' it sounds. It's not weak like the Metal Zone. Full of chunk..
As mmolteratx said, check out AMT pedals. Their stuff is pretty good and covers a wide spectrum. I'd also check out the Tech 21 SansAmp GT2.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??