I am looking for a distortion pedal to give me the basic...classic KISS guitar sound. I am currently running my guitar (LP copy) into a keyboard amp.
Well, if you use a keyboard, an amp emulator would be best.
I say a Tech 21 Sansamp British would be best for Kiss.
The SansAmp is a little more than I can spend right now. I checked out a few of the Danelectro models on YouTube. Any thoughts on these? Anyone?
You're just gonna have to dish out for some right equipment. The LP Copy isn't going to be a problem, unless the pickups aren't worth 2 cents, but the amp and pedals is a different story.
Hi, I'm Dean.

Peavey Windsor Half Stack
Blackface Fender Twin Reverb
Fender HSS MIM Strat
ESP LTD Viper-100 w/SD
Dean USA Splittail
Epiphone 56' Goldtop reissue
Quote by lefty01
The SansAmp is a little more than I can spend right now. I checked out a few of the Danelectro models on YouTube. Any thoughts on these? Anyone?

The problem with a normal distortion pedal is that it's gonna sound like trash through your keyboard amp, so you really need something with amp simulation. Try to find used maybe? I mean you can buy one of those danos, but you won't sound like Kiss by a long shot. With the Sansamp you'd get much closer.
It's up to you, but you won't regret spending alot for a good product that you'll want to keep, rather than spending nothing for something cheapo that you will want to throw away a few months after
Perhaps get a guitar amp... I hear Kiss used alot of those for their guitar tones.
Gear:

Ibanez RG350DX w/ Seymour Duncans and an OFR
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 Head
MXR Carbon Copy Delay