Page 1 of 2
Didn't go this year, the lineups get progressively worse. I'd have liked to have seen Anathema though.

and a couple of other bands, let me think...
Quote by moominman2
Did you not see the lineup?!?! You thought that wasn't a good line up?!

It kind of depends on your taste. I'm more of a Bloodstock guy, to be honest.
I was supposed to have gone.
But I couldn't afford the ticket in the end, or spare the time I'm completly gutted I missed it really.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
I was supposed to have gone.
But I couldn't afford the ticket in the end, or spare the time I'm completly gutted I missed it really.

If your savvy and can time it well you can get one cheap on ebay a couple of days before from touts panic selling

Got mine at £110, saved myself 80 quid.
I'd have liked to have seen The More I See too, pretty good band. The line-up wasn't horrible, just the headliners need some major re-thinking.
**** yes it was awesome.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Bestykid
If your savvy and can time it well you can get one cheap on ebay a couple of days before from touts panic selling

Got mine at £110, saved myself 80 quid.

My friend offered to lend me the money for the ticket.
But it was also the weekend where our accomodation contract at uni ends. too much hassle having to move out and then go download too. Maybe next year.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Echohead
I'd have liked to have seen The More I See too, pretty good band. The line-up wasn't horrible, just the headliners need some major re-thinking.

Have you looked at the friday, saturday and sunday lineup at the Jones stage?
Quote by abe123
thats one of the funniest posts ive seen in a while... to sig or not to sig

Quote by Kenny77
Awesome.

Quote by Kensai
Probably from india. Most bad things come from there.
I really enjoyed it...Got back like an hour ago and it was such a fun weekend. It's not just about the lineup (although, it personally appealed to my tastes), it's about the company you're with and the atmosphere.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by srq89
Have you looked at the friday, saturday and sunday lineup at the Jones stage?

I believe so?
oops my mistake :S
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
I went, and I'll repeat what I said in the other thread - biggest waste of time and money I've had the misfortune to suffer through for quite some time. Walked out halfway through Megadeth, packed up and went home.
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Quote by Valrys
I went, and I'll repeat what I said in the other thread - biggest waste of time and money I've had the misfortune to suffer through for quite some time. Walked out halfway through Megadeth, packed up and went home.

Sounds a bit unusual, you happily paid money to go to Download, then packed up all your shit during Megadeth, and went home? Next time you want to waste money just PayPal it to me, I'll happily take it off your hands!
Quote by Valrys

dude.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
In a moment of madness I nearly jumped on a train friday but sense got the better of me.
Quote by Echohead
Sounds a bit unusual, you happily paid money to go to Download, then packed up all your shit during Megadeth, and went home? Next time you want to waste money just PayPal it to me, I'll happily take it off your hands!

Happily? No. I was badgered into going by several friends, and bought a cut-price ticket off ebay.

And I love Megadeth, but the correct emotions to be feeling during them playing what was a very good set are definately not boredom and irritation. Which is what I was feeling.

Luckily the camping wednesday and thursday was fantasic, so the good just about balanced out the bad. And I missed the terrible weather on Sunday, so, meh.

Festivals just aren't for me. They just utterly piss me off for a variety of reasons.
Quote by TheBurningFish

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Quote by Valrys
Happily? No. I was badgered into going by several friends, and bought a cut-price ticket off ebay

Hey fair enough man, honestly. Still though, if you bothered to pay to go to Download, you should have stuck around, that's all I'm saying.
Quote by moominman2
Sense did not help you

It did as I need money for hellfest in 3 days/
Quote by moominman2

The only festival I'm going to this year is the ONE LOVE FESTIVAL! Oh yeah haha.

Laugh
Out
Loud

Quote by Echohead
Hey fair enough man, honestly. Still though, if you bothered to pay to go to Download, you should have stuck around, that's all I'm saying.

That's what everyone keeps telling me

Oh well, I experienced it, didn't like it, and it didn't stop the other 95000+ people having a damn good time.

And did anyone else think the sound from the main stage was awfully bad on Friday/part of Saturday? I still have no idea whether I like Unearth or 36 crazyfists as all I heard was a muddy wash of sound.
Quote by TheBurningFish

Quote by moominman2
hahaha have you checked it out??

No man, please enlighten us...

Unearth or 36 crazyfists

Awesome bands.
idk man that festival looks kind of annoying...

Not enough balls, you know?
haha yeah yeah I know...But i'v like missed everything this year and am gutted :\

I wanted to go to reading but looked dissapointing...then download but I was torn between download or a nice longboard to go cruising on for the summer with a load of mates
Quote by moominman2
haha yeah yeah I know...But i'v like missed everything this year and am gutted :\

I wanted to go to reading but looked dissapointing...then download but I was torn between download or a nice longboard to go cruising on for the summer with a load of mates

You made the right decision. Besides, Aerosmith are ****ing shit.
Page 1 of 2